Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For sale, British Navy Submariner Sweater from Outdoor Knitwear, Ecru, Size M

mattbernier

New in Town
Thought this would be of interest, since I actually discovered this sweater years ago through a forum thread here. Here's the listing and the description:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261187459908?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

From Outdoor Knitwear's site: "The submariner’s sweater has been manufactured by us for many years for the British Navy.
With its roll neck and deep welts and cuffs it is made to an original 70 year old specification.
The submariners sweater is made by us using 3 fold new wool, specially treated to prevent shrinkage.
This superb quality sweater combines warmth, comfort and rugged durability and is ideal for keeping warm in cold and damp conditions."

Fits very snug if you order true to size. I'm a 38 chest, but I wanted to layer it over clothes and roll up the cuffs, so I ordered larger.

I worse this sweater many years, including on trail crew. I can attest to it's warmth, having worn it in very cold outdoor conditions. It has no damage whatsoever, as it was valued and well cared for. The photo is color accurate. The sweater still has all it's natural oils, with a lambish smell. I washed it prior to posting it for sale, so it's ready to wear. Note the canvas patch reenforcing where the shoulder meets the neck, one of the distinctive characteristics of this mil-spec sweater.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot