Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Burgundy blazer, and a 3-piece green suit with a "U-Cut" waistcoat. 1970s?

Daniel_Benjamin_Orris

New in Town
Hello all. I am selling a couple of my thrift-shop finds I purchased years ago when I was big into older clothing. I still think it looks good, but I dress more casually now.

The two items I hope to sell: A burgundy blazer, and a green 3-piece suit with a 'U-Cut' waist coat.

For the record, neither myself nor anyone else in this household smokes.

I'll be honest, I'm not an expert tailor. So I'm not certain of the proper terminology, and all the measurements are approximate. I want to be as transparent and upfront as possible, as I do not in any way want to give false information.

All the items could use a nice cleaning beacause they've been collecting dust for a few years. I have never cleaned the items since I purchased them, apart from occasionally wetting a towel on some spots as they came up.

I do not see any rips or tears in the exterior fabric. The collar of the green waistcoast is fraying very slightly. As for stains, I don't see anything major, but it's a little tough to see what is simply dust and what isn't. There are a few minor things on the rear bottom of the burgundy blazer, but I would imagine it would be taken care of in dry-cleaning or however you wish to clean them.

The green suit I would venture to guess is from the 1970s, as it has that kind of style. It has gold stitching, very wide lapels, and of course that great U-Cut, or Low Gorge --- whatever it's called, waistcoat. There are two pockets on the exterior of the jacket, two pockets on the interior, but no pockets on the vest - only mock pockets or "flaps" of fabric. I do not see any labels or tags on the suit.

The burgundy blazer is pretty cool. Gorgeous lining, too. The tag on the interior right pocket says, "Mavest TAILORED EXPRESSLY FOR WOLF'S CHARLEROI, PA". You folks are probably better at guessing the age of this. There is one of those copyright 1949 union tags within the pocket, which has all black lettering with no red. There are two exterior pockets, two interior pockets.

The colours might not be accurate in the pictures. I don't have a camera to take pictures with, otherwise I would have taken better pics today. So please bear with the pics I took years ago. On top of that, your monitor settings might be different thereby skewing the colours on the images. If anyone can tell me of a way to accurately represent the colours, please let me know. On my screens, the pictures of the red blazer make it appear a tad lighter than it truly is. The green suit in reality it has a more greenish appearance if that makes any sense at all.

I want to sell these items as soon as possible. I decided to post here first, but if I don't get any interest soon I will have to put it on eBay. Please PM me quickly if you are interested. I'll be happy to answer your questions of the items. As for price, I'm not greedy but we do have to factor in shipping costs.

PM me a fair offer and we'll discuss it. I am located in south-western Pennsylvania, around 50 miles south of Pittsburgh.

I have more items that I am thinking of selling, namely ties and shirts, but no pictures yet so sometime in the future I might post them.

These are my measurements for the items for sale. They are approximate, as I'm not an expert, but they should be pretty close hopefully. I do not mean to mislead anyone, so please forgive me if they are incorrect.

Red Length: 31 in.

Red Sleeve Length: 25 1/8 in

Red Sleeve Inseam Length: Around 17 in.

Red Shoulder to Shoulder: 18 in.

Red Chest Width: 22 1/8 in.

Red Waist Width: 22 in.

Green Length: 31 In.

Green Sleeve Length: Approx. 25 in.

Green Sleeve Inseam Length: Approx 17 in.

Green Shoulder to Shoulder: 18 1/4

Green Chest Width: 20 1/2 In.

Green Waist Width: 20 1/2 in.

Green Vest Chest Width, 1 in. under arm hole: 19 1/2 in.

Green Vest Waist Width: 18 3/4

Green Pants Inseam Length: 30 1/2

Thanks for viewing, and don't hesitate or delay!

Take care,

Best regards,

- Daniel

vZlZ2bR.jpg

MUT4N6j.jpg

LxJqmmt.jpg

jA0VEQ6.jpg

H3psfze.jpg

dVhaEVS.jpg

xl82CP4.jpg

dv0Jr2E.jpg

hmxxfZF.jpg