Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale - CLASSIC VINTAGE SILHOUETTE Ltd Edition Route 66

mingoslim

Practically Family
hat - vs rte 66 07a.jpg hat - vs rte 66 08a.jpg

I do not think I have to tell you how great the hats made by Art Fawcett are . . .

This is a classic, limited edition, produced by Mr. Fawcett a few years back. Size 7 1/2. He did a series of Route 66 Fedoras . . . Distinctive style.

I loved it when I got it, and it has been worn, though as you can see it is in excellent condition . . . The problem, I do nto wear it enough (and I need to thin down the herd, and rasie a little money).

The cost - $200 including the VS Hat box with shipping included in the CONUS. If you do not want the VS hat box, I will make it $180. (I can always use the extra hat box.) hat - vs rte 66 01a.jpg hat - vs rte 66 06a.jpg

hat - vs rte 66 03.jpg hat - vs rte 66 04.jpg hat - vs rte 66 05.jpg hat - vs rte 66 07.jpg

Last edited:

mingoslim

Practically Family
Very beautiful hat. How wide is the brim and how tall is the open crown? Thanks.

Sorry I missed your note the other day! I should have been paying more attention . . .
To answer your question: the brim comes in at 2 5/8 inch, and the crown is 6 inches tall unblocked . . .
Anything else you want to know, let me know. I promise to pay more attention . . .

mingoslim

Practically Family
One of our sharpeyed members noted that it looks like there may be a stain on the front part of the bow. (I sincerely offer my thanks to Jeff for noticing . . . I always want to be upfront).

At first I though it must be a photo glitch or shadow, but I got out the hat, and there is a small spot on the bow. I had never noticed it. It is hard to see if you are not looking for it, and I am going to gently see if it will clean (looks like it might). Apologies for not noting it before.

If you are interested in the hat, I will let you know if it comes out. Even if it doesn't, I don't think you would be disappointed with this hat :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner