Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: EMUD console radio

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Let me preface this by saying: This is for all the washington/ Maryland area loungers. Due to the sheer size and weight of this thing, I will NOT ship it. This is pickup only. It probably won't sell because of this- but I thought I'd put it here first.

This is a EMUD stereophonic console radio. Record player, FM, AM, SW, Ferrit (whatever that is).
The only problem is this: when I first got it, I accidentally leaned on the keys, and they jammed. Someone who knows about radios could probably fix this.
The console is in very nice shape, and even as is, is a nice piece of furnature.

price is 60 bucks.

I'm in Olney, MD (close to Rockville)

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

Hamandbacon

New in Town
Ferrit?? Isn't that a small furry pet?? Just Kidding!!

Dinerman said:
This is a EMVD stereophonic console radio. Record player, FM, AM, SW, Ferrit (whatever that is).
Dinerman,

I believe I am correct in saying that the Ferrit is the internal antenna. It did not require an external wire for an antenna like the Short Wave or FM bands would. In your photos of the inside of the case, I believe it is the dark rod and coil mounted near the top of the cabinet.

Great looking radio!! I hope it finds a good home.

Jeff G.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
thanks for enlightening me.

I hope it finds a good home too. we have to make room for a computer desk.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Man, I wish I lived nearby! For $60 that's a steal! I've been wanting a German console like that (EMUD,Grundig,Telefunken,etc.) for a long time. There is an antique shop near my home that has a beautiful Telefunken that's very similar to the one that you're offering. At $600 it's got one too many zeroes for my current budget!:eek: Good luck in finding a home for her.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Hamandbacon has it right. "Ferrit" undoubtedly refers to a ferrite antenna, which he and I see in the upper area in the open-back shot. It's the device with the red tip on the left side. (Ferrous metal and ferrite should strike a cognitive spark in this connection.)

I've seen more than one radio boasting a ferrite AM antenna.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sefton said:
Man, I wish I lived nearby! For $60 that's a steal! I've been wanting a German console like that (EMUD,Grundig,Telefunken,etc.) for a long time. There is an antique shop near my home that has a beautiful Telefunken that's very similar to the one that you're offering. At $600 it's got one too many zeroes for my current budget!:eek: Good luck in finding a home for her.

Sefton, since you're in the SF Bay Area, do you know about
Aladdin Electric out in the Avenues in SF? They specialize
in tube radios and usually have a Telefunken or a Grundig
ready to go. Totally refurbed for closer to $300.
I keep meaning to start a thread on the hi fi
German radios of the 50s in the Radio section.

Dinerman, that's a beaut and probably sounds great. You
might try fooling with those keys...

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dinerman said:
do you know how to get them to pop?
i've been fiddling about inside, but so far no luck.

Not sure what you mean by "pop".
I'm certainly no expert myself (and my Grundig-Majestic
has key connectivity problems). But there are
a lot of radio enthusiast sites easily found through Google.
Those folks are often very happy to help with specific
problems and keep archives of schematics.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
see- the buttons are on a system where only one can be pushed down at a time, so when one is down, the rest pop up. I'm guessing there should be some catch or spring I can jiggle to make the keys go back up.

I was cruising ebay, and I found the same radio, just in a lot worse shape for 275 bucks. it's Item number: 6610297839
If that's what a junked up one sells for, think of the steal you get on this.

ledsled

One of the Regulars
wishing

It's times like these that I wish my parents/grandparents/in-laws were still alive. My father-in-law could have told you in a snap how to fix those buttons.

In various old radios that I have owned (in cabinets or cars), I would sometimes try to get all the buttons in their "neutral" positions by depressing one just part way and fooling whatever the mechanism is that keeps it down. I wish I knew how to fix it!

I'll put on my thinking cap and see if I know anyone that might be able to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran