Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale - Stetson 15 OPS Size 7

DJH

I'll Lock Up
My hat collection has gotten too big of late so I'm going to be selling some to get back into balance. I'd much prefer to have my hats stay in the Lounge family, so I'll offer them here first.

This one is my early 1950's Stetson 15 3X Quality. It has the OPS tag and is made of fantastic soft felt in a delightful rich brown colour.

When I acquired the hat it had never been worn or even creased, I've worn it maybe half a dozen times at most so this is close to getting a brand new 50's hat.

Open crowned, the height is just over 5 1/2 inches and the brim (with a great example of Stetson's Mode Edge) is a shade wider than 2 1/2 inches.

While the hat is just about perfect, you'll find that the liner isn't attached, it just sits under the sweatband. I could see no stitches or glue to suggest that it had ever been fixed into the hat.

The hat is marked as size 7. My actual size is between 7 and 7 1/8 and the hat fits me nicely.

The only reason I can bear to part with this beauty is that brown isn't really my colour so I don't get to wear it much.

This is a great opportunity to add a nice example of Stetson's craftsmanship to your hat collection - hopefully you'd wear it and enjoy.

I'm asking $110.00 shipped in the Continental US. Send me a PM if you want it and look out for more of my hats for sale!

D334609-L.jpg

D334610-L.jpg

D334615-L.jpg

D334620-L.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Honestly guys, acquiring this hat would be like going back in time to a 1952 hat shop and grabbing a hat from the shelf.

I'm open to offers!

mattface

Practically Family
Matt, I seem to recall you had a similar hat to this. Did you sell yours?

<---I have a chocolate brown 3x on my head in that avatar picture there. I guess it is similar. I thought yours was a lighter color, but now I realize it's probably flash effect. Yours and mine are probably actually long lost twins, which make s me feel much better. Thanks!

Anyway, mine is one of my favorite hats, but it's far from a pristine example like yours. I had to replace the desiccated sweatband, and the liner shows it's age, that said it still looks very nice on, and it's got some amazingly soft felt that holds a crease very nicely. When I pick it up to put it on my head I tend to swear to myself about what a very nice hat it is. I paid $25 for it on ETSY, recieved it crushed into a box less than half the size of the hat, and I think of it as my beater, but I love it as much as any hat I own.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Alan.
I have a feeling this one might end up being all at sea in the choppy waters of that bay in the near future.

Matt, I photographed the hat in nice natural light. As you know, the felt colours change quite a bit, depending on the ambient light at the time. I'd say the actual colour is just a little deeper and darker then shown in the first pic. For someone that enjoys brown hats, it doesn't get much better!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo