Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Thedi Shawl Goat Skin w/ Buttons

sshack

A-List Customer
20230318_230442.jpg
20230318_230437.jpg

sshack

A-List Customer
SOLD. Just some thoughts for the lounge... selling price was on eBay for $949. I entertained similar offers in the $900's on eBay as well . My takeaway for FL buyers (which includes myself)-- the prices on the classified section are mostly really good! I think we pride ourselves as "being in the know" and we try and get unrealistic deals where if we purchase a used jacket we can always wear it and then flip it for no loss or effort to resell.

Sometimes that's possible, but I dont think it's fair to the seller to have to accommodate that wishlist. There's a reason the word depreciation exists. Now for the seller side-- Be patient. Don't be afraid of eBay and other platforms. Sure you pay more in commission and the buyer has to pay a lot more. But given the same profit, I'd prefer to sell to the guy who's willing to pay more and fund our local government with the sales tax. Just my 2 cents. Because if you're a member here long enough, you will be a buyer and seller!

Last edited:
SOLD. Just some thoughts for the lounge... selling price was on eBay for $949. I entertained similar offers in the $900's on eBay as well . My takeaway for FL buyers (which includes myself)-- the prices on the classified section are mostly really good! I think we pride ourselves as "being in the know" and we try and get unrealistic deals where if we purchase a used jacket we can always wear it and then flip it for no loss or effort to resell.

Sometimes that's possible, but I dont think it's fair to the seller to have to accommodate that wishlist. There's a reason the word depreciation exists. Now for the seller side-- Be patient. Don't be afraid of eBay and other platforms. Sure you pay more in commission and the buyer has to pay a lot more. But given the same profit, I'd prefer to sell to the guy who's willing to pay more and fund our local government with the sales tax. Just my 2 cents.
Also funding the federal government if you sell enough. Me personally, no thanks.

Kevin O'Sullivan

Familiar Face
I think the solution here is if we sell enough jackets to each other through eBay, the surplus income (already heavily taxed at fed and state levels) that we spend on our leather addictions will eventually make up for the revenue shortfalls our respective states have due to their inability to balance a checkbook.

Seems straightforward in theory.

Glad you got the sale brother!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112