Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale/Trade (MT) - Morseth & Brusletto blade blanks

Naphtali

Practically Family
Although I strongly prefer to trade, I will consider offers to buy. I seek a Chris Reeve left-handed Umnumzaan folding knife.

1. HARRY MORSETH KNIFE BLANK
This is a VERY RARE FIND! A Harry MORSETH blank that was owned by a local knife maker and sold at auction when he passed away. I have no idea how he got ahold of it, but it has never been finished or even had a handle put on it. It was in a box with 3 other knife blanks from other makers, wrapped in wax paper.

I doubt you will find another like this. The Morseth brand of knives was founded by Harry Morseth, a native of Norway who emigrated to the United States at age 17. He made custom knives in the early 1900s. In 1971 the MORSETH brand name was sold to A. G. Russell. It has one small grind mark on the bolster area of the knife - nothing much really, but I needed to mention it.

Here are graphics of the blade.
NOTES: End nut shown in the graphics has disappeared. Discoloration is predominantly LPS-3 Marine Corrosion Inhibitor.

unused-Morseth-2.jpg
unused-Morseth-1.jpg

2. Brusletto blade blanks
I have several of these blanks in their carded shrink wrap. They are old stock and were apparently made for the American knifemaker Harry Morseth. For some reason they were never delivered. They are laminated carbon steel, 4 7/8" long, 1" wide, and about .175" thick.

I had a friend arrange Rockwell testing on two blades via his son. Result was: "Just got home from my son's shop. We took the blades to the college shop where he could test them. the Bruslettos are HRC 62 or better." Several years ago I owned a Morseth general purpose knife whose profile strongly resembled the Brusletto blanks, albeit with superior grind lines..

Here are graphics of Brusletto blade blanks, plus a graphic of my old Morseth knife with similar profile.

Blade-blank_wruler.jpg
Bruslett-Morseth-1.jpg

SteveMorseth.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner