Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Vintage Resistol Open Road-style - Size 7-3/8

TPD166

One Too Many
FOR SALE: Vintage Resistol Wide Country (Open Road style), silverbelly (with an olive tone) color, with wind trolley, size 7-3/8. Brim width is 2-1/4” and crown as bashed is about 4” tall. No mothing or odors, and liner/sweatband are like new. A great hat, but I have found that any brim under 2-1/2” does not work for me. Asking $85.00 shipped in the U.S.. If you have any questions, or are interested, please send me a PM or email me thru TFL (preferred).

TPD166

One Too Many
The brim was not cut - the Wide Country has a narrower brim than the Resistol Saddler or San Antonio. I also had a '60s Stetson OR with the same brim width.

TPD166

One Too Many
It is hard to get the color right with a camera phone (which is all I have available right now), but the shots of the underside of the brim/lining seem to be about right. I am not sure if Resistol called this color grey or silverbelly, but it is more grey than tan, and has a light olive undertone to it. I've had several vintage Resistols from the 1960s that are this color. Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic