Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the gentlemen of NYC looking for a good suit...

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Duchess_NYFolder1.gif

Duchess_NYFolder2.gif

Duchess_NYFolder3.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
It says...

It has come to our attention that you may be an excellent candidate for stepping into the amazing world of custom tailored made-to- measure Duchess suits and shirts.

Duchess, clothier will be visiting New York City in November to meet with our valued east coast clients. Perhaps you would like to join this esteemed group of dapper gentlemen?

We will be attending the annual meeting of the Corduroy Appreciation Club on November 11 then taking appointments in our suite at the Gershwin Hotel on Nov 12 and 13th (Monday and Tuesday)

The Gershwin Hotel is a delightful respite for aesthetes, located at 7 East 27th street in Gramercy/Flatiron district and is easily accessible by the number 6 train.

A little bit about us: Seyta Selter created Duchess, clothier, in 2005 with the goal of providing fine, vintage-style custom suits at affordable prices to the discerning dressers of Portland Oregon and beyond.Depending on your fabric selections, suit prices start at $400 and range to $1000, with the average falling around 600-700. Suits take 8 weeks to complete.

After meeting with you to choose and design your dream garments down to every last detail and fabric selection, we measure you thoroughly and pattern your garments to fit YOU. Then we hand our patterns over to our fine tailors in Bangkok Thailand. A word about our tailors; we went to great pains and years of research to ensure that the wonderful Thai tailors we work with, third generation craftsmen known for excellent English-style tailoring, have implemented fair labor and environmental practices, and are the best in the worldwide tailoring arena. We responsibly participate in the global economy to be able to provide excellent custom garments at prices that make the valuable experience of aesthetic freedom through properly fitted and customized clothing accessible to the less then opulently wealthy.
We would be delighted for you to RSVP if you would like to meet us with your preferred appointment times on November 12th or 13th. Please plan for a delightful hour with us to peruse fabrics, solidify designs and have your measurements taken.
We hope you will regard some Duchess offerings on the following pages

We remain your most humble servents

I will keep typing and add to this....and any typos...are mine..and not theirs..

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I saved the images from an online accquantence's live journal blog. For some reason, they end up looking wonky when I post them here. I have trouble posting images here sometimes, I think it's because I have a MAC and my browser is Safari.

Here is the clothiers website, you can probably get more info from here:

http://duchessclothier.com/

Or, PM me and I can send you a link to the original live journal posting.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
BeBopBaby said:
I saved the images from an online accquantence's live journal blog. For some reason, they end up looking wonky when I post them here. I have trouble posting images here sometimes, I think it's because I have a MAC and my browser is Safari.

Here is the clothiers website, you can probably get more info from here:

http://duchessclothier.com/

Or, PM me and I can send you a link to the original live journal posting.

that particular flyer isnt on their site...

hence my just deciding to type it for the boys

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
It says...

It has come to our attention that you may be an excellent candidate for stepping into the amazing world of custom tailored made-to- measure Duchess suits and shirts.

Duchess, clothier will be visiting New York City in November to meet with our valued east coast clients. Perhaps you would like to join this esteemed group of dapper gentlemen?

We will be attending the annual meeting of the Corduroy Appreciation Club on November 11 then taking appointments in our suite at the Gershwin Hotel on Nov 12 and 13th (Monday and Tuesday)

The Gershwin Hotel is a delightful respite for aesthetes, located at 7 East 27th street in Gramercy/Flatiron district and is easily accessible by the number 6 train.

A little bit about us: Seyta Selter created Duchess, clothier, in 2005 with the goal of providing fine, vintage-style custom suits at affordable prices to the discerning dressers of Portland Oregon and beyond.

I will keep typing and add to this....and any typos...are mine..and not theirs..

Or even better, you can read Miss Neecerie's posts. Thanks! :)

Feraud

Bartender
Matt Deckard said:
My eyes aren't that good lately. My mother must have been right.
lol

Anyway... thanks for the transcription. I would like to check out the cut of their suits and material. Maybe a couple of locals will want to attend the Courduroy Appreciation Club and view any available samples.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
and in the teal colored box on the last page:

Duchess garments tout the utmost in quality and liveliness. The discerning gentleman is greeted with a veritable garden of choices in his Duchess attire. From a dazzling array of the finest colors,textures, patterns, weaves, weights and fibres in fabrics, to such tender details as working buttons on the cuff, personalized monogramming, luxurious silk lining in a variety of weights and hues, classic handstitching along the lapel, and optional full canvas construction, there is no topping Duchess finery for the budget minded or even (I daresay!) miserly chap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff