Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the ladies: European 1940s dress and 1930s hat

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My girlfriend and I are selling a few pieces from our personal collection. The first 2 items are nice for female Loungers with an interest in european vintage clothes. Shipping is from Germany and we try to find the cheapest rate for you.

il_570xN.288715424.jpg

1930s hat on Etsy

We are selling a stunning big and flat straw hat from the 1930s, hand made in Mainz, Germany by Hut Gaul. The upper material is black, strong straw, the lining white terry cloth as well as the finery.

Excellent condition except one spot at the inside ribbon and fabric where the forehead touches the hat. It can be fixed with a few stitches and is not visible from the outside. Worn the hat looks like new!

il_570xN.288334797.jpg

1940s dress on Etsy

This soft and floating 1940s vintage dress is made of delicate dark blue crepe and shows stunning smocking at front and shoulders. The sleeves are wider at the top and narrow with buttons at the hem, the shoulders have thick pads.

The dress has an A-line skirt from the waist and there is a zip closure at the side seam to make it really figure hugging.

Because the dress is handmade theres no tag or size given, the estimated UK size is 14, please check the following measurements.

Bust free
Waist 76cm / 30''
Shoulder width 44cm / 17.5''
Sleeve lenght 59cm / 23.25''
Total length 116cm / 45.5''

The dress is in excellent condition without any holes and strong fabric. Only the seam at the sleeve slit should be sewn (1cm) and at the left sleeve one button is missing. Besides that the dress is a versatile basic garment that allows many different looks and lovely accessories.

Thank you for looking,

Florian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner