Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the Love of Eyeshadow.........

jessesgirl08

One of the Regulars
I love love love eyeshadow! :love:I love playing with color and shading etc. As a former makeup artist (now work a 9-5) i have always loved projects where i got to use lots of color and drama. i have always loved the golden era too and in the past year have been dressing in vintage, repros, vintage inspired and rockabilly styles and i am loving it. but now to my dilema, the makeup i have to do in that style is beautiful but i get bored and miss my color and drama. how can i incorporate my love of the golden era and my love of eyeshadow?

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I think if you're trying to be period correct with an outfit then maybe stick to the neutrals, but as the other ladies said, just have fun and be creative with it. Actually contradicting myself a little here, i was reading some vintage, (50's) magazines the other day and there was an article about makeup where blues, greens and violets were used on the eyes. Go for it!

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
Jessiesgirl- you are not alone. I feel exactly the same way. I don't think there is anything wrong with rocking a bright blue or purple shadow- I think it's the make-up equivalent of those girls on here with bright pink hair etc. who just look fantastic! It takes the serious edge off vintage dressing. I don't do it all the time, but when I do it makes me smile.

P.S Miss Sofia is right. I've seen loads of 50's looks with coloured shadows, albeit in pastel shades- but still nothing wrong with kicking it up a notch from there.

Love to see some pics!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic