Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the smokers in the lounge

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Players are still made. Loved watching their team race at Watkin's Glen.
When my dad was in the UK during and after WWII he'd see signs for "Players, Please". He told me he thought the shop was calling for card players, not advertising a cigarette. He never smoked. What a polite ad.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Barry said:
Have you tried any of the blends at Curtis Draper (600 block of 14th Street, NW)? Sir Francis is nice - it's a mild aromatic.

Barry

I haven't tried any of their blends. I'll have to check them out. JR Cigars and Signature Cigars are closer to where I work; I've only bought a couple of cigars at Curtis Draper to smoke around the corner at Shelley's Backroom cigar lounge.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
How could I forget one of my favourite smokes, Sobranie Black Russians! Impossible to get here in NZ now but I bought 6 packets when I was last in Bergen from this fantastic tobacconist just off the main square. Beautiful!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Rover said:
My friend bought a lot of Black Russians when she was in Hong Kong, before coming to Taiwan. They're pretty potent. How do they make them black?

Hi Mr. Rover, they just use a black cigarette paper with the gold filters. They are on the strongish side but very nice tasting. I'll be on the look out for some more when I'm back overseas.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Don't quote me on this Mr. Rover but I'm fairly certain the tobacco hasn't been darkened in anyway.

Interestingly, they are still made to the same recipe that Sobranie made them especially for a Russian count of the Imperial Russian Count before the Revolution. A nice little piece of history.

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
I pulled many a Camel non-filter cigarette out of the zipper pocket of my Pointerbrands. My doctor told me I should give them up and I did. I'm glad I did took his advise:)

Travis

Suspended
I just picked up my first tobacco pipe yesterday. I went to a local cigar store and spoke with a gentleman who was very knowledgable in the subject. He got me started with a pipe and some of his personal blend, and I have to say, it's delicious. I can definately see myself as a regular pipe smoker now that I've tried it out.

Kim_B

Practically Family
I smoke once in a while...more of a social thing, really (it takes me a month-and-a-half to get through one pack). Or when I'm super stressed out! Nothing fancy here, just Camel Turkish Silver.

Ruby Slippers

One of the Regulars
I purchased a cigarette box on ebay. The seller said it was vintage, and I believe it. Upon opening it, there is a light fragrance of aged tobacco. I love it. One day I will have end tables with these on them, and will reach for a cigarette just like they did in the old days... :)

I also bought a vintage cigarette case. It makes me happy during my dreary days at school.

gughunter

New in Town
I started making my own with a tube-injection machine sometime around July of last year. (It takes some practice to get them to turn out right, but it gets much easier, and the money you save is amazing.) Now and then I'll try a new tobacco to see how it stacks up, but MacBaren's American Blend is my overall favorite so far.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
gughunter said:
Now and then I'll try a new tobacco to see how it stacks up, but MacBaren's American Blend is my overall favorite so far.

All the MacBarens tobaccos are lovely, I particularly like the Scottish Mixture when I can find it.

MacBarens used to have a newsletter that you could sign up to online and with every newsletter they sent out they would send a small sample (enough for one or two plugs) of one of their tobaccos.

Flying Scotsman

One of the Regulars
I smoke cigars on occasion...Let's see...

Davidoff (especially Aniversario #3 or Millenium Blends)
Avo
Zino Platinum
When I'm in a mood to splurge, the very excellent Fuente Fuente Opus X

on the less expensive end:
regular old Arturo Fuentes
Punch
La Gloria Cubana
Onyx

There are sooooo many choices in cigars, it's always fun to try new ones...

Jack Traeger

New in Town
Pipes and Cigars

Ladies and Gents,

I recently switched back to pipes after years of smoking cigars. The
one blend I find timeless is Dunhill Early Morning Pipe. It can be purchased
in bulk or tins. If any of my fellow pipe smokers know where tins of
Troost Slices can be purchased, please post. It was one of my
favorites about 30 years ago, it is still manufactured, but not much of
it is around.

Regards,

Jack