Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For those looking for a vintage suit...

Jovan

Suspended
I have really exciting news. My family just came across a bit of clothing from my grandfather's youth. '40s-'50s mainly, and possibly a few more past decades since he sometimes wore hand me downs from his family too. Unfortunately none are in my size, but there are 42-46s. All are in pretty good condition, a few with a bit of moth holing but nothing serious.

Originally they were going to sell these to thrift stores, but I told my mother and grandmother that there are people I know who'd kill to get their hands on a double breasted 6x2 or single breasted peak lapel among other things. There's also a few ties and shirts still wearable, for those interested. I'm already nicking most of the skinny '50s ties though, sorry!

Anyone interested, let me know. There's a fair range of sport coats and odd trousers too.

EDIT: Everyone... please scroll down to my latest post.

Rooster

Practically Family
Jovan said:
Okay, well, here's the update.

What day is it again today? :eusa_doh:

April Fool's.
Yep, as soon as I responded and had a minute to think about what a great discovery a find like that would be, I thought" Wow, that's almost too good to be true"......then I thought about it being April 1st and I had a sneaking suspicion I'd been had.:eusa_doh: You got me there!:eusa_clap
goofball1.jpg
[/IMG]

Jovan

Suspended
Orgetorix said:
Well done, Jovan! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap lol lol

How many PMs did you get?
About 14 altogether, not including the ones where some of you realized it was an April Fool's joke. :)

Re: 42-46, a lot of people do invariably gain a little as they get older. [huh]

aliados

One of the Regulars
Looking for a vintage suit

Jovan -
I am pleased more than somewhat that I do not see your post until this evening, and do not suffer the disappointment of my fellow Loungers. Those who are fooled by your post have no hard feelings, and they ask that shjould you ever visit New York that you look me up and allow me to show you our lovely East River. The boys all chip in so I can provide you with a popular vintage item to keep you dry when you visit – a cement overcoat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24