Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For those of you in DFW

Girl Friday

Practically Family
We lost power for a little while. Sat on the porch and watched the rain. Not too bad, we had discussed after the first storm a couple of weeks ago (while the sirens were going off) that the part of Dallas we live in must be protected by the lake or something, since all the house were built around 1900.

I saw this yesterday, I thought it was interesting, there's an article about lightening (I was almost struck when I was a kid so I always get a little freaked out when there's lightening...)
http://www.mungerplace.com/index.htm

Take care! :)

SWTroopers

Familiar Face
It sure has been a crazy month for weather. Even though the tornado risk was low, I took the opportunity to teach my daughter the safe place in the house when the sirens sounded. She ended up having a blast reading books by flashlight in the stair closet. Kids are the best at making lemonade out of lemons!

Marc

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
By the time I got back home to downtown Fort Worth, the weather had passed. Noticed a few felled tree branches between the train station and my loft, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points