Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For those with Kangaroo boots..

MuyJingo

One of the Regulars
Could anyone please clarify how they do in summer?

The only thing stopping me from purchasing a pair of Kangaroo Comfort Craftsman from RM Williams is that I am worries that the boots may be too warn to wear during summer, as kangaroo skin has no pores so the boots will not be breathable.

If anyone has a pair, could they confirm if the boot is warmer or not, of it is is too warm to wear when it is hot out?

Thank you.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Is it also true that Kangaroo boots have pouches on the front? Seems like a great place to store a wallet or a cell phone.

RJR

Kangaroo hide breathes nicely.I've used hunting boots and a jacket made of kangaroo,they were very comfortable.

I have three pair of cowboy boots with kangaroo vamps and they breathe quite nicely. Also one of the lightest, supple and most durable leathers around. If you're only concern is whether the boots are breathable or not, pull the trigger.

Annixter

Practically Family
I can't speak for boots, but I wore a pair of kangaroo motorcycle gloves when I used to ride--a lot. Even on hot days, I never had an issue with my hands sweating. As Babmaboots says, the hide is very supple.

tonypaj

Practically Family
I've got a pair of RM Williams boots in Kangaroo. I've never noticed anything specific as far as the temperature goes while wearing them. Then again, I've never thought about it, either.

What I can say is that they are light, supple, and very comfortable. Then again, summers in NYC, well, everything to me is hot and damp and humid. It could be worse, though, you might live in DC. Everything is hotter, even more damp and humid.

MuyJingo

One of the Regulars
all mammal skin has pores

I'm not sure that that is correct, as it seems a bit too simple given the range and diversity of mammals.

The idea that Kangaroo skin does not have pores is only mentioned on what site that sells motorcycle jackets, and I'm not sure how reputable it is.

Trying to research it, it seem kangaroo rats in fact don't have pores and can only sweat through their tails.

I have three pair of cowboy boots with kangaroo vamps and they breathe quite nicely. Also one of the lightest, supple and most durable leathers around. If you're only concern is whether the boots are breathable or not, pull the trigger.

Thank you sir, have placed an order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24