Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR TRADE or Sale: Schott X Restoration Hardware Brown Cafe Racer L for an XL

Bruce Kent

Familiar Face
I know it's a long shot, but I scored a brown Restoration Hardware Cafe Racer in a LARGE and was hoping it would fit. It does, but I think an XL would be perfect. I am hoping someone here has an XL and would prefer a large?!?! Condition on the jacket is good. Has worn in look to it. I have never owned this jacket new, so I do not know if that is because it was actually "worn in" or if that's how it was sold off the rack. One thing to note is the area right above the left elbow. There is considerably more wear there than the rest of the jacket. I tried to take a picture of it as best I could. Seller did not mention that and took way to long to find this jacket for me to complain and return it.

Here are the measurements. Please keep in mind that I am not a tailor and these were taken to the best of my ability while the jacket was zipped up and laying flat as pictured (pictures were taken with an iPhone in natural light as apposed to first pictures taken with kitchen lights at night):

Pit to Pit: 22 inches

back length from collar seam to end of jacket NOT including collar: about 25.5 inches (could be stretched to 26)

Sleeve length from should seam to end of sleeve: 26 inches

shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 18 inches

Thank you!

Hoping for a trade for an XL or $475 OBO shipped within the US.

Attachments

• RHCAF1.jpg
    RHCAF1.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 436
  • RHCAF2.jpg
    RHCAF2.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 346
  • RHCAF3.jpg
    RHCAF3.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 350
  • RHCAF4.jpg
    RHCAF4.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 315
  • RHCAF5.jpg
    RHCAF5.jpg
    685.6 KB · Views: 349
  • RHCAF6.jpg
    RHCAF6.jpg
    621.9 KB · Views: 328
  • RHCAF7.jpg
    RHCAF7.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 317
  • RHCAF8.jpg
    RHCAF8.jpg
    642.2 KB · Views: 353
Oh damnit, this would be perfect for me... 26" sleeve length, or even a bit more perhaps. Can't afford it even at that crazy low price. Why money why.

technovox

One Too Many
Oh damnit, this would be perfect for me... 26" sleeve length, or even a bit more perhaps. Can't afford it even at that crazy low price. Why money why.

I know- this is the only Schott Cafe Racer that I found to fit my long arms. I had a lining put in mine so it's very comfy. And the leather is super supple and sweet. Buco style back. These rarely come up, so it's definitely worth considering.

technovox

One Too Many
I'm surprised it waited this long. XD These are very sought after and someone just got theirs for 1/3 of the fair eBay price. People sell 'em for way over a grand.
Good to know. At 1K, it'd be very tempting to let mine go. From what I've read, the brown version is more coveted than the black. I don't think I've seen one on ebay for a couple years now- brown or black.

Last edited:
They're super rare. And super popular, brown moreso than the black, aye 'cause that's the original. It's many people's holy grail, like the Belstaff Hero jacket in winter bison. Whenever you decide to let go of yours, go crazy with the price, even with BIN. Bruce could've made a small fortune here and whoever bought his could double their money in a day.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I actually considered buying it and having the sleeves shortened by Johnson Leathers. I liked it that much. It wouldn't have been a perfect fit pit-to-pit, but it would've been a nice relaxed fit for now and I'd probably have grown into it eventually. :p

technovox

One Too Many
They're super rare. And super popular, brown moreso than the black, aye 'cause that's the original. It's many people's holy grail, like the Belstaff Hero jacket in winter bison. Whenever you decide to let go of yours, go crazy with the price, even with BIN. Bruce could've made a small fortune here and whoever bought his could double their money in a day.
Thanks for the tip. Geez...if I can get some kind of insane price for it I might have to cut this one loose. It's a beaut...and seems to hit all the marks as far as fit, quality, design, and rarity, but for some reason I never seem to get around to wearing it. Hmmm...hello ebay.

Ramonesome

New in Town
Curses, sorry I missed this listing. I saw this copy on ebay and later on the schott forum but never when I've got a paycheck in the bank.

I have the black version in medium and while I love it, its on the snug size. Based on those helpful measurements I think a large would fit me even better. It's a great option for thin built guys with long arms. technovox , I'd love to see a picture of your jacket with the added lining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21