Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For You Victorian and Edwardian Lovers

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
It goes a bit past what we define as the Golden Era, but I know many here are also lovers of all things Victorian and Edwardian (myself included!).

Our friends across the pond no doubt already knew of these, but BBC presented two series a few years ago where two archaeologists and a historian "lived" in each era for one whole year and it was documented. Much like 1900 House, Frontier House, and the like, only without the snarky reality show drama!

No modern person in a fish out of water situation moaning about how hard the work is. No women moaning about feeling oppressed doing women's work. These documentaries are what those shows tried to be, but failed miserably when they focused on the "drama". They are educational in a magnificent way. I am in love with them and am so glad I stumbled across them! I spent most of the weekend watching Edwardian Farm almost straight through (11 hours long), hehehehe.

Edwardian Farm (episode by episode) can be viewed online for free here: Edwardian Farm

Victorian Farm can be viewed (episode by episode) on Youtube here: Victorian Farm

They truly are fascinating to watch, and I hope this group does more of them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari