Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forbidden items in my home...

MikeBravo

One Too Many
This is not actually forbidden, in fact I buy and cook it for my husband, but I absolutely hate bacon for smelling up the whole house. My husband loves it, so I humour him, but I detest the smell and swear it creeps into everything. My sewing room is right behind the kitchen, and I fee like I can smell it in my fabric for a whole day.

How do you feel about black pudding? Yummm

"My mother's black puddings were so black, even the white bits where black"

Ripping Yarns, The Testing of Eric Olthwaite

TCMfan25

Practically Family
^^^
Oh yes, I'd never have any form of Nazi memorabilia in my house. Having said that I used to collect Edward VIII memorabilia (coronation mugs etc) only because it used to enrage my husband. It was an ongoing joke, I hated his model car collecting so every time a stupid model car would turn up I'd feel inclined to go & buy an Edward VIII plate or mug. lol

You don't really believe that HM King Edward VIII had Nazi sympathies? He saw his cousins ( Kaiser Wilhelm II and Tsar Nicolas II) murdered at the hand of new and brutal radicals (Nazis and Pinkos), he despised Fascism and Communism alike.

TCMfan25

Practically Family
Square toed shoes, food/sweetener substitutes, actate polyester and acrylic fibers, any Anglophobic parifanelia, modern music........... much much more

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
You don't really believe that HM King Edward VIII had Nazi sympathies? He saw his cousins ( Kaiser Wilhelm II and Tsar Nicolas II) murdered at the hand of new and brutal radicals (Nazis and Pinkos), he despised Fascism and Communism alike.

180px-Nazi_Windsors.jpg

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I guess the jewelry crafted by Albert DeSalvo whilst incarcerated would be out...:)
Heavens no! :eeek: Same goes for anything that was "created" by a psychotic. Hitler's paintings for example, while interesting, would creep me out in the extreme knowing who had done it each time I walked by it.
Same goes for doilies crocheted by Goering, flowers pressed by Himmler, etc. Ick. :eek:

Edward

Bartender

It's well documented that he was, indeed, his Nazi sympathies are the real reason the British cabinet of the time conspired to cause the abdication. Mrs Simpson was apparently even worse. Edward VIII was a thoroughly unpleasant person all round. The only positive thing that can be said for him is that he was a sharp dresser.

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
I guess the jewelry crafted by Albert DeSalvo whilst incarcerated would be out...:)

Speaking of serial killers, I would never have any kind of "trophy" that was once alive in my house - no heads, antlers, fur...

Im not a fan of hunting, so I wouldnt have any antlers, heads etc in my home either

Drappa

One Too Many
Thankfully nobody in my house would touch that! I don't eat meat and my husband sticks to chicken and bacon and the occasional sausage. He's actually quite queasy about meat when we get deliveries from the local farm. :)
How do you feel about black pudding? Yummm

"My mother's black puddings were so black, even the white bits where black"

Ripping Yarns, The Testing of Eric Olthwaite

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I just thought of something else I would never, never have in my house. Lladro figurines. When I see them in a shop I long for a baseball bat ;)

images

Ewww,.. yeah. Those are really awful. Dust collectors in general are a real nuisance. It would have to be something extremely rare, unique, and valuable before I'd put it out to collect dust on a shelf. An original Dali sculpture or something,...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21