Forgotten places

Discussion in 'Your Vintage Home' started by Steven180, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Steven180

Steven180 One of the Regulars

2. Maj.Nick Danger

Maj.Nick Danger I'll Lock Up

Interesting. Amazing how little time it really takes for these huge structures to decay.
    I'm sure we've seen some of those places in movies.
    Here's a related video.
    [video=vimeo;39346092]http://vimeo.com/39346092[/video]

3. Tux Toledo

Tux Toledo One of the Regulars

A poignant example of how much damage the Recession caused. Many, many people suffered and continue to suffer. What a shame...

4. kiwilrdg

kiwilrdg A-List Customer

I love visiting ghost towns. A few of my favorites are towns that were annexed by the military. It is interesting to see how existing buildings were repurposed.

5. dhermann1

dhermann1 I'll Lock Up

Why do I think I saw this series of pics at least two years ago? I think it's mainly because I was so infuriated by the fact that NONE of the places are identified in any way, and the captions have nothing to do with the pictures. Yes, I've definitely seen these pics before. Not that every word they say isn't true. It's all true.

6. Matt Crunk

Matt Crunk One Too Many

I saw this some time ago too. I believe there was a book or documentary of some kind that these photos were taken from. Would love to see the whole collection. Sad.