Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forum Upgrade -- POST ANY ISSUES HERE

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Yes, I already have my general computer font and icon sizes enlarged because when I switched to Vista it made everything so teeny tiny. I can't readjust it to anything bigger or its going to mess other things up. I don't think it's just my computer, the new font size really is smaller.

What browser are you using?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Or you could just switch yourself to the 'default view' using the switcher at the lower left corner of the page. This would give you a light background etc...

I suspect over time, that more themes will be designed for the FL to give us a choice or colors.

In all honesty, the color stuff is the least important of the things needing to get fixed..since there is now two choices. Letting the staff fix all the other stuff first and then dealing with the prettifying face lift, is probably going to get things solved faster then worrying about what % of grey something is ;)

my 2 cents

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
With the upgrade all of the updates to a thread emails have been cut I guess. I was expecting some type of update via email and had not seen anything in my email so I thought the Lounge was still down.

If you're talking about the thread subscriptions, yes, you'll have to rebuild them. It's mentioned in this thread.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Or you could just switch yourself to the 'default view' using the switcher at the lower left corner of the page. This would give you a light background etc...

I suspect over time, that more themes will be designed for the FL to give us a choice or colors.

In all honesty, the color stuff is the least important of the things needing to get fixed..since there is now two choices. Letting the staff fix all the other stuff first and then dealing with the prettifying face lift, is probably going to get things solved faster then worrying about what % of grey something is ;)

my 2 cents

The percentage of gray might be affecting a lot of people that have eye problems/defects (not my case btw) I don't believe toning the font color to make it easier on those folk's vision has anything to do with prettying up the place but another generous, sensitive tweak from those working on this. My 2 cents.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
But since there is another entire theme with different colors, it is no longer the case where the Black theme is the only choice.

The other theme is a white background, black text with blue accents. which pretty much coincides with most 'easy read' schemes in Windows.

Hence my comment that switching to that while the staff works on things, is probably the best plan and should satisfy the 'its hard to read' until they tweak the other theme more.

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
I'm using IE, but it looks the same in Firefox as well.

Going to the white background doesn't do anything to help the font size. I honestly don't mind the grey scale, just wish it was the same size as the old, that's all.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Gingerella...

I have something for you to try. With the FL window open, go up to 'View' in the IE toolbar, select Zoom, and pick 125%. That should reset just the FL to a larger setting. It does not seem to disturb other browser tabs you might have open.

I am fairly sure you would have to do this at the start of each setting if you close your browser, but its -something- to help.

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
Thanks for the tip, but it just spreads everything across wider so that I have to scroll horizontally across the screen to see the right side of the post. The font *is* bigger though, lol!

I'll just have to live with the small font I guess. Perhaps they can address it later.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Thanks for the tip, but it just spreads everything across wider so that I have to scroll horizontally across the screen to see the right side of the post. The font *is* bigger though, lol!

I'll just have to live with the small font I guess. Perhaps they can address it later.

I have set the Post Message thread variable to font size 14, which is exactly the same as it was in the old lounge. Try refreshing this thread and see if it appears any larger.

One of the Regulars
I don't know if it was asked already, but I can't post smilies no more, Is anything that I have to do that I'm not aware of it?
Thanks in advance!

Peacoat

Bartender
New Look of Forum
I'm OK with the Halloween colors. Took a bit of adjusting, but it is OK. What I am having difficulty with is the the lack of sufficient contrast between the text and the background in the messages. It appears to be gray letters on a black background. If the letters were a lighter shade, perhaps white, that would help these over age 50 eyes of mine.

Anyone else having difficulty reading the text, or is it just me?

Also at the bottom of the screen, it says I may not post attachments. But it also says IMG Code is on. Am I precluded from posting pictures? Or may I post pictures but not attachments?

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am still having toruble trying to figure out when the difference between posts that are older than when I last logged in & newer posts.

This is happening to me as well. I deleted my cookies, changed my bookmark, etc, but everytime I leave and come back, the page doesn't update. Not that refreshing is a huge hassel, but the old Lounge was up to the minute every time I clicked my bookmark.

Derek WC

Banned
Not a fan of the changes. Why were they made?

Nathan Flowers has said before that he updated the site to a newer model (I think he said 4.0 or something), which makes it run faster/better than before. Unfortunately, it came with some side-affects like the boxes around the posts and all these other un-wanted things. I don't like the changes one bit, but I don't think that it is an option to have it changed back.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Nathan Flowers has said before that he updated the site to a newer model (I think he said 4.0 or something), which makes it run faster/better than before.

This is exactly why:
Nathan Flowers said:
It closed over 300 security holes. It renders faster on most browsers. It has better integration with video/picture/social media services. You now have the ability to multi-quote other users. You can better control what parts of your profile other users see. You have the ability to set up "social groups" for subjects you and others are interested in. We're going to have integration with social bookmarking services so users like Diamondback won't have to worry about losing their Subscribed Threads if there's ever another giant upgrade. The search function is now actually usable and supports boolean operators. The spam protection is MILES ahead of what it was.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
I just now checked the white box at the upper right of these two posts, then chose "reply with quote" on the lower post and am now adding my 2c.
I'm learning also. :)

I have a flag at the bottom right of each post that says reply with quote. I'm not sure what the white box is that you checked! I am on firefox on Ubuntu, so I may well be seeing something a bit different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats