Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Found a hat that belonged to my grandfather, now what?

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
What a great looking hat!!! Great job on it!! If you ever do need a good cleaning, the guys at Horsetown in Marietta, GA are great!!!! I have always had great luck with them. They do all kinds of hats and have all the stuff you need to keep it in great shape.
I agree that the brim has a great style. It looks like it has a great story to tell!!!

Erik

One of the Regulars
Terrific find. I'd love one of grandfathers' hats. Alas, it is not meant to be. Nobody admits to any knowledge of what happened to them. Not a ruse, in my opinion. They just got... lost.

kkesler

New in Town
BobC said:
Great hat, and with years of character already built in. You are fortunate to have found it, and I bet your grandfather has a big, proud grin on his face because you found it where he left it for you and you are wearing it.

Enjoy it and wear it in good health and in remembrance of your heritage.

And, by the way, welcome to the Fedora Lounge. You will like it here.

I bet so as well. Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Erik said:
Terrific find. I'd love one of grandfathers' hats. Alas, it is not meant to be. Nobody admits to any knowledge of what happened to them. Not a ruse, in my opinion. They just got... lost.

That's what this one was for years...lost. It just turned up while I was looking for something else, so don't give up hope. You too may open a box of old plates and, what do you know, who stuck a hat in there?

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations, kkesler. That's an wonderful herloom. You should wear it with pride and joy.

My grandfather didn't leave any hats worth keeping. He... are you ready?... wore them to death :D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails