Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Found this jacket in my building's garbage room.

CanadianGuy84

New in Town
Hi all,

First-time post! Hello from Canada. I'm 37, and a guy from Vancouver.

The other night, I was taking out the garbage, and I noticed this jacket hanging on top of the room's fire extinguisher in my condo building. It was placed in a way where it could have been just left there for a moment and forgotten about, or simply left behind in an "I don't want this anymore, but someone else might, so I'll just let it be." kind of way.

(The room has sort of a tacit, informal culture of such: over time, I've seen orchids, shortwave radios, gently-used household appliances, children's toys, and other items left on occasion, with "free to a good home" notes attached). There was no such note attached here.

Does anyone know much about Schott jackets with this kind of lining? Is it worth keeping? I only have a couple of Johnson Leather moto jackets, which I also love.

Would you keep this? Any info about this jacket, and any thoughts on the situation, would be appreciated. And also - for that matter - am I alone in my love for Johnson leather?

Cheers,

Joseph (joe.bardsley@gmail.com)

Attachments

• Joseph's jacket.jpeg
    Joseph's jacket.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 395

Edward

Bartender
I'd be surprised if it was abandoned - I'd look to find out if anyone is missing it before 'adopting' it. Schott aren't cheap.

If you can be sure it was intended as 'free to good home', it fits, and you like it...

Peacoat

Bartender
I agree with Edward. Scout around and leave some notes about finding a leather jacket, so that it can get back to its original owner.

I am going to move this thread to the Outerwear section.

Welcome to the Lounge. You will find many fans of Johnson Leathers on this board. I'm one of them.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Nice jacket. Leave a note in the garbage room - Jacket Found, w/contact info. If no bites for a week or two, it's yours methinks.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I agree with the others here. Nice jacket to find, but I would do the "right" thing and at least put a note out for a while and see if the person who had it comes looking for it.

It it was clearly -- "in the trash" that might be a different story.

Welcome to FL! It's a great place here and many of us also really like Johnson Leathers -

Bahabp100

Practically Family
Hi all,

First-time post! Hello from Canada. I'm 37, and a guy from Vancouver.

The other night, I was taking out the garbage, and I noticed this jacket hanging on top of the room's fire extinguisher in my condo building. It was placed in a way where it could have been just left there for a moment and forgotten about, or simply left behind in an "I don't want this anymore, but someone else might, so I'll just let it be." kind of way.

(The room has sort of a tacit, informal culture of such: over time, I've seen orchids, shortwave radios, gently-used household appliances, children's toys, and other items left on occasion, with "free to a good home" notes attached). There was no such note attached here.

Does anyone know much about Schott jackets with this kind of lining? Is it worth keeping? I only have a couple of Johnson Leather moto jackets, which I also love.

Would you keep this? Any info about this jacket, and any thoughts on the situation, would be appreciated. And also - for that matter - am I alone in my love for Johnson leather?

Cheers,

Joseph (joe.bardsley@gmail.com)
Yes this is a really great jacket and certainly worth keeping and wearing if it fits

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Finders keepers. Unless there are security cameras. Then maybe post a note in the elevator first before keeping it.

JL make great jackets. The brand doesn't show up in the second hand market in Vancouver though. I didn't learn about them until recently, and was from this forum.

CanadianGuy84

New in Town
Thanks so much, everyone, for the thoughtful advice! Much-appreciated. :)

Yup, agreed: I've posted a notice in my building's common areas, and have also let our strata council know. I didn't know much about Schott jackets before, but it does sound like this one has come from somewhere.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Keep it, wear it & enjoy your new extremely cool jacket; And if someone tells you that's their jacket they've lost, give it back. No problem. :D

Edward

Bartender
Welcome to the Lounge. You will find many fans of Johnson Leathers on this board. I'm one of them.

Another here. I have a Johnson D pocket that started off with a Lounger in the US, I think, before passing through the hands of one in the UK, and then on to me via eBay. The original owner (I think it was) added some subtle stud-work in a very 50s rockabilly vibe. If I was to be spending time in SF, I would definitely drop by Johnson; if mine is typical of their quality, they really are very good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo