Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fountain head

Don moncho

New in Town
DD3972ED-DE39-47EF-BFCF-FD02181A2FF9.jpeg

Fit check?

looks good in shoulders, but backed up a bit would be better for us to see length/ chest/waist/ etc..

Last edited:

jeo

One Too Many
Only thing you can see is that there's slight pulling at the chest. Can't see sleeves, can't really see front length proportions. Need better pics with better angle.

Much like the older FCLs, these jackets are long, have narrow shoulders, small chest with big waist. I've tried Fountainhead a few times at S&S and since they are more or less the same people as FCL the pattern is very similar.

The new FCL "overseas" models have a much better pattern. Last time I tired on Fountainhead was late last year, not sure if anything changed since.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I have a fountainhead leathertog. Size 42. Across the shoulder is in the 17"s. But around the shoulder curve is 19". The pattern is well thought out with a curve at the top of the shoulder to hide the extra leather but still look very slim.
IMG_6528.JPG

IMG_6527.JPG

It is also not super long, only 25"ish in length, I would consider this normal for size 42:
IMG_9832.JPG

The only thing I see Fountainhead screwed up on is the skinny upper sleeves that doesn't taper at the wrist. While this may work for cuffed jacket, not so much for a zippered sleeve jacket.

The fit is super slim, like a sleeved vest. This type of fit isn't unique to Fountainhead or FCL, many other brands have this type of super slim fits too depending on the style model.

IMG_3671.JPG
IMG_3681.JPG
IMG_3695.JPG
IMG_3697.JPG

The leather is at least 1.5mm Shinki Aniline as advertised. Which I don't think is the best choice for this pattern because its stiff and needs lots of time to break in and this pattern is super slim which doesn't help either.

So back to OP, please post some more pics. What you have is the Hercules pattern, I have the RC one and wonder what Fountain head did differently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112