Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Four Years of Thunder" documentary

I know this isn't WWII... but... I found this documentary on the first beginnings of combat aircraft called "Four Years of Thunder". I think it was originally produced for the "History Channel" back in 1996... but it's still a very good documentary. The 4 hour documentary takes you to the very beginnings of powered flight... to the early development of fighters and bombers during WWI. Many rare period films and photos are used in this film that probably have never been seen before... (at least I haven't seen them before). The first hour episode has about 3 or 4 interruptions that you have to manually restart the next segment. The episodes 2,3, and 4... the interruptions automatically restart for you. Here's the link to watch this wonderful series for free. Check it out... it's worth watching... but... it is 4 hours long... so pace yourselves... or watch the whole thing in one sitting.

http://war.docuwat.ch/videos/?alternative=2&channel_id=0&skip=0&subpage=video&video_id=367

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner