Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free Pattern Available? List it here!

Inky

One Too Many
Josephine said:
Thanks! I think these might be able to help me make the skirt with a waist and a zipper. :)

Glad to have helped, Josephine. Don't fear the zipper part, you'll be surprised how easy it is. I just got the goods to make the Sense and Sensibility 40's Swing dress with an invisible zip, it's been since my first wedding dress in 1989 since I put one of those in!

:eek:fftopic: I see you are from Northern Virginia. I grew up in Arlington, Virginia, from age 8 to 14. Love that part of the country - McClean Gardens, D.C. from age 5 to 7. Cuba before that. Still consider myself an east-coaster even after all these years in California.

Josephine

One Too Many
Inky said:
Glad to have helped, Josephine. Don't fear the zipper part...

I've put in zippers before, but always with instructions, and never with a waistband. I just don't want to waste the material and the time trying to put it all together. :)

:eek:fftopic: and re: Northern VA, I live in Alexandria, but I'm not from here. lol My parents are from north New Jersey and though I've lived here the longest than anywhere else, I still tell myself I'm not from a Southern state! ;)

Mary

Practically Family
Are there any free pattern for knitted cardigans or sweaters out there?! I'm sure someone posted some links some time ago but I can't remember where. And it's only now that I've found someone to help me knit that I'm intersted. Please let me know!

M

Mary

Practically Family
Tempestbella! They are lovely! Thank you!:eusa_clap

I didn't find that yesterday. What did you search for? Maybe I wrote the wrong things. I love those sweaters!

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
Mary said:
Tempestbella! They are lovely! Thank you!:eusa_clap

I didn't find that yesterday. What did you search for? Maybe I wrote the wrong things. I love those sweaters!

ive had it in my favourites for a while!
i save any links i get from forums that i like!:)

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Mary said:
Are there any free pattern for knitted cardigans or sweaters out there?! I'm sure someone posted some links some time ago but I can't remember where. And it's only now that I've found someone to help me knit that I'm intersted. Please let me know!

M
A knitter gal has uploaded scans of several 20s-30s knitting books to her blog.
See them here.

anabolina

A-List Customer
I certainly loved the Burda patterns while living in Korea and not able to buy the pre-printed ones from Hancocks. They came together better than I expected. And if anyone is interested in the Victoria and Albert Museum dress, I made it and posted a picture here...

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa55/anabolina/sewing/P1010089.jpg

I don't know if anyone on here is interested in some vintage Lutterloh.

Shindeco at http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=10376&highlight=lutterloh said this...

You can download some here

http://www.return2style.de/home_eus.htm

Go to "extras" on the left sidebar, then "the golden pattern"

click on the book cover on the left for Der Goldene Schnitt

click on the images and you'll get to the patterns

I left click and "save image as"; use photoshop to cut out along the sized line they've provided then load it into word perfect where you can type in the size. I've done a modified version of one of the men's trouser patterns this way.

You can download the little "size machine" (I don't know what the real name for it is) and the German instructions, too. The file has a ".exe" ending but is really a zip file. It's the picture above the actual patterns.

Also, today ModernCouture in the vintage patterns Yahoo Group posted some scans of her 1941 Lutterloh. I think its complete and even includes a scan of the ruler. She said I could post it whereever I thought people were who would be interested and I immediately thought of the wonderful Lounge Ladies.

http://www.box.net/shared/vtclufh4r3

You can probably figure it out, but similar to Burda, the Lutterloh patterns are separate from the pictures. They are also small and need to be sized up. The names of each jpeg corresponds to the page number and those than contain the pattern comprize many pages and correspond to the picture of the hopefully finished project. Does that make sense? I could be wrong, but take a look and you'll see what I mean.

live vintageous

Familiar Face
Girls,

If you go to the Lutterloh's webpage, they have a demo video that explains how to use their system of patterns. I'm sure it will prove helpful when I begin making some of these patterns you all posted!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
live vintageous said:
Girls,

If you go to the Lutterloh's webpage, they have a demo video that explains how to use their system of patterns. I'm sure it will prove helpful when I begin making some of these patterns you all posted!

BRILLIANT...brilliant brilliant brilliant. I suck at math, and i am so glad there are plenty of other people who *don't* so they can come up with ideas like this. What a neato system.

Looks like you can download an undubbed video for keeps from lutterloh.com too. Just click on the video demonstration link on the left and then there is a download link.....

Pinky Boo

New in Town
Just to let you know I am co- running a vintage lingerie project called Frilly Bits - we post patterns we have and encourage people to make along with us - this month we are making Camiknicks - we have a Flickr pool too that people can upload patterns and pictures to.
Please feel free to use any of our patterns - so far we have listed French knickers and slips, but please show us what you have made! http://frillybits.co.uk [/URL]

Claire x

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
Pinky Boo said:
Just to let you know I am co- running a vintage lingerie project called Frilly Bits - we post patterns we have and encourage people to make along with us - this month we are making Camiknicks - we have a Flickr pool too that people can upload patterns and pictures to.
Please feel free to use any of our patterns - so far we have listed French knickers and slips, but please show us what you have made! http://frillybits.co.uk [/URL]

Claire x

oooh thanx claire...ive been looking for sme lingere patterns to try!

im just down the road from you....leicester!:eek:fftopic:

and im called Claire x (same spelling!)

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Pinky Boo said:

Claire x
Ooooooh, what a lovely site!!! Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely try the knickers once I find some suitable silky fabric (the only silk I've got has pheasants and maps on it, kind of a hunting print... as ladylike knickers? o_O).

You mentioned making a girdle- any chance you'll blog about it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland