Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free Pattern Available? List it here!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
CherryRed said:
This file is empty when I download an open it. Anyone else get it to work?

After downloading, drag the folders out of the zip file and drop on the desktop....then everything will be there. (My computer geek god husband just figured that out for us) :)

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Anabolina, you enabler, you. lol :eusa_clap

This makes choosing new summer dresses to (try and) sew so much harder....

anabolina said:
Sorry for the double post, but I thought this newest Lutterloh deserved it's own posting. It's the 1954 one and I'm drooling.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/13760621/aecde12c/Lutterloh_1954.html

For those who had trouble with box.net, she posted the 1939 and 1941 at 4shared.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/13760182/c8644e99/Lutterloh_1939.html

http://www.4shared.com/dir/13760663/24af4504/Lutterloh_1941.html

DaisieWilde

Familiar Face
Hello crafty ladies!
I'm fairly new to sewing, but as I'm on a limited budget I'd really like to try to make my own vintage style designs. My question is: to try these lutterloh patterns, do I have to invest in a lutterloh tape measure or is there a way to use the patterns sans expensive lutterloh kit?

Thank you!
xoxo

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
DaisieWilde said:
Hello crafty ladies!
I'm fairly new to sewing, but as I'm on a limited budget I'd really like to try to make my own vintage style designs. My question is: to try these lutterloh patterns, do I have to invest in a lutterloh tape measure or is there a way to use the patterns sans expensive lutterloh kit?

Thank you!
xoxo
I've traced out part of one pattern but haven't tried making anything up yet. I attached the scanned tape (With the '41 patterns) to a metric tape measure, and which I think should be approx. the same as the brand name kit. As for the tracer to connect lines, a ruler & a set of french curves will probably work fine for you if necessary, but for most lines you can use straight rulers. There's instructions on using the measurements elsewhere on the internet and the lutterloh site. Be aware there is no seam allowance, and the darts are sometimes rather vague to allow individual placements.

DaisieWilde

Familiar Face
JupitersDarling said:
I've traced out part of one pattern but haven't tried making anything up yet. I attached the scanned tape (With the '41 patterns) to a metric tape measure, and which I think should be approx. the same as the brand name kit. As for the tracer to connect lines, a ruler & a set of french curves will probably work fine for you if necessary, but for most lines you can use straight rulers. There's instructions on using the measurements elsewhere on the internet and the lutterloh site. Be aware there is no seam allowance, and the darts are sometimes rather vague to allow individual placements.

Thanks for the info! I will download that scan and begin my trek to find a metric tape measure. :)

I'm excited. My friend (who is now in fashion school in SF) bestowed a next-to-new sewing machine I've been carting around for almost 2 years. It's about time I put it to use!

Edited to Ask: What length and width should the scanned ruler come out to be? My computer keeps wanting to resize it and I have no idea the size it should be. Thank you :)

EDITED: I saved it and converted it to a pdf...I think it should be the right size now! YAY!

michou1930

New in Town
Lutterloh

Those old patterns are so lovely, I also own one of their old books (1949 I think) but as I have no scanner I cannot provide any patterns. One day perhaps.

I downloaded those other books and now I am unsure about how to print them correctly - they need to be the exact size. What did you do? Just click print? I so would love to try some of the 1939 patterns out. Help would be appreciated :)

DaisieWilde

Familiar Face
CherryRed said:
Metric is usually on the back of a regular (American system) tape measure.

Mine doesn't....it's cloth (old school...my Mom gave it to me).

I picked up a regular inch/cm one at WalMart this weekend. Now all I have to do is set up my sewing machine and try it out! :)

Lorena B

Practically Family
michou1930 said:
Those old patterns are so lovely, I also own one of their old books (1949 I think) but as I have no scanner I cannot provide any patterns. One day perhaps.

I downloaded those other books and now I am unsure about how to print them correctly - they need to be the exact size. What did you do? Just click print? I so would love to try some of the 1939 patterns out. Help would be appreciated :)
I am with you Michou 1930, i am also curious to find out how big the patterns should be printed.

I have a metric tape, and after seeing the video i just try to copy or adjust my measurement to it, lets hope it works!!

michou1930

New in Town
I am an idiot when it comes to printing and adjusting - very often the printer just doesn't do what I thought I told it to do. I have got an original and the necessary stuff (I called the company and normally they don't sell the tape alone but the lady on the phone lived once in my town and father was born in her town so she made an exception) You do need a metric tape but the scale has nothing to do with metric so I am not sure if you can work it out without the scale?

So we both need help: Please how do we print it? :))

Miss RM

Familiar Face
The Lutterloh sizing scale isn't metric, but there are metric markings on the ruler, too. I printed out the ruler and just checked that the metric markings were really one centimeter apart, and all was well.

I've successfully made one of the 1941 blouses ... although, the muslin came out a bit small and had to be adjusted at the shoulders. I just printed the pattern out 'as is', using the same printing set-up I used to get the ruler to print correctly. I'm not sure if the sizing problem was due to printing error, or error in my own body measurements, or in the resizing process. The fitting problems were really only in the shoulders, so perhaps I just don't fit the Golden Rule? :) I'd say just print the patterns out the way you did the ruler, making sure you don't select 'print to fit page' or anything like that. Resize a few pattern pieces and check them against a printed pattern that fits, and you should be on a roll!

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
michou1930 said:
I am an idiot when it comes to printing and adjusting - very often the printer just doesn't do what I thought I told it to do. I have got an original and the necessary stuff (I called the company and normally they don't sell the tape alone but the lady on the phone lived once in my town and father was born in her town so she made an exception) You do need a metric tape but the scale has nothing to do with metric so I am not sure if you can work it out without the scale?

So we both need help: Please how do we print it? :))

Keep in mind I use a mac, so, it may be slightly different on windows....
It also depends on what program you use to view the files. I use regular ol Preview most of the time.

When I print mine, I print by going to file > print, instead of clicking any auto print. That should pull up a window that lets you pick options. When I get the window, it has a little "preview screen." I check the screen to make sure the picture is in line with the page shape (long edges to long edges), and make sure the box next to "Scale to Fit" is UNCHECKED.

In windows & some programs, there may be an option along the lines of "print scale." Make sure it's at 100% before its printing and you do not have "fit to page" "shrink to fit" or anything like that automatically on.

Miss RM

Familiar Face
Hey girls, I was just looking through my sewing stuff, and I found a few more pointers for printing. This scan I found on Flickr shows a Lutterloh pattern with an 11 x 15 cm bounding box around it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/carbonated/91406601/ You can use that see if your own pattern is printing properly. Also, for you non-metric types, I have written down that each page should be 5.5in x 8in. I just printed out a new pattern to try, and it came out pretty darn close to these dimensions. I was looking at the 'ruler' page that came with the 1954 pattern book, and I'm not sure that ruler is really drawn to scale. I think it may have been for illustrative purposes only. If you check the 1941 file, though, there is a scan of a real Lutterloh ruler. That's the one I've been using. Hope this helps a bit more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass