Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free vintage for your help: Promoting your favorite unsigned bands and music genres

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A lot of my friends, including my boyfriend, are in bands. Even the ones that enjoy some popularity drive long hours for little or no pay because they love music and want to perform for those who share that love. However, because it's so hard to get exposure, there's little hope that that favorite independent band of yours is ever going to get out there to people who wouldn't otherwise hear them.

Enter Ourstage. My best friend works there as a "VJ," interviewing bands. Their soundbite is that they are the only 100% democratic music site out there - the bands that get the most votes get $5,000 every month, that simple. A lot of them go on tour, and OurStage puts them on CDs and promotes them - FOR FREE! It's crazy, and great for bands and music lovers alike.

I have been harassing my friends and their bands to join, and I'd like you to do so as well - sign up, and encourage your favorite bands to do so as well.

This is in the classifieds because I make money when people use my link to sign up. NOW HOLD ON THERE! I get $5 for an individual, and $10 for a band. Guess what? You go to the site using my link, register, then let me know, and I will send you a goodie worth what Ourstage will pay me.

This means: fun free goodie for you, more good music out in the world for me (and all of us!). Trust me, I have a lot of stuff sitting around, so you might even get something REAL nice. Send your measurements too, or those of a loved one. Seriously! Men - my boyfriend has excess vintage too, I assure you.

Let me know what you think!!

Link: www.ourstage.com/go/shc

Miss_Bella_Hell

dakotanorth said:
I just signed up through your link- did you get a notice about it or anything like that?

No, they don't tell me until the end of the month, and even then I don't know who signs up...PM me for goodies!

Spellflower

Practically Family
I'll sign up as soon as I decide on what to rename my band. The last name was stolen by some jerks who were quicker to get their stuff on itunes. :rage:

Miss_Bella_Hell

Thanks all - please PM me your addresses when you sign up!! And let me know if you want boy stuff or girl stuff. Obviously I have more girl stuff - think gift opps, boys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic