Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheeler jackets, possible outside of japan?

Totally agree! It's not a design I've seen before. I love the 30s vibe and, most importantly, it doesn't have a half-belt back.
IMG_6231.JPG

I know, I know...but just because it's from the 30's doesn't mean it *has* to have a half-belt.
Couldn't resist. But I actually agree. It's a cool jacket and with the slim nature, wouldn't benefit from or need an HB anyway. Gonna pull the trigger on one?

polloelastico

Familiar Face
Couldn't resist. But I actually agree. It's a cool jacket and with the slim nature, wouldn't benefit from or need an HB anyway. Gonna pull the trigger on one?

I’m waiting to hear back from them on sizing and availability, but if the numbers work I’m pretty sure I’m going too.

I’m waiting to hear back from them on sizing and availability, but if the numbers work I’m pretty sure I’m going too.
Would be great to see and read your review here. Most of these Japanese jackets aren't really sized right for me but I really appreciate the designs. I like the leather stuff but more than anything the textile and beach cloth looks just amazing. Would love to be 5'7" and 140lbs, at least for a day and in those clothes.

polloelastico

Familiar Face
I'm like 5'11" and 165lbs so I can sometimes skirt by in the larger sizes -- we shall see. It's usually the sleeves that do me in, they need to be at least 25 and 25.5 is better, which is doable but not common.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I'd go Global Rakuten. I'm sure the prices are better going that route than a US importer, and these jackets are expensive enough as it is. I got a Freewheelers jacket via GR last year. The listers there are good about posting the measurements. I would recommend also messaging the seller directly to verify the measurements of the exact coat that you'd be getting. That's what I did, and the jacket I got was about as close to perfect fitting as can be expected for buying off the rack

I'm like 5'11" and 165lbs so I can sometimes skirt by in the larger sizes -- we shall see. It's usually the sleeves that do me in, they need to be at least 25 and 25.5 is better, which is doable but not common.
Yep. That's just it. The lengths are a real bummer. Well everything for me. I'm the same height but pushing 220lbs. I can't lose the weight, if anything I'm trying to add more...
Would love that speedmaster CR in Blue tho. It'll never happen but I really like the idea of living vicariously through folks who can get these suckers to fit.

polloelastico

Familiar Face
Oh man, that sky blue CR is amazing!

Ok, for posterity here are the measurements for the '17 run of the Mulholland

Size 38... Shoulder 46cm / Width 54cm / Length 62.5cm / Sleeve 64cm
size 40... Shoulder 48cm / Width 55cm / Length 64cm / Sleeve 65cm
size 42... Shoulder 50cm / Width 56.5cm / Length 65cm Sleeve 66cm

The 40 seems spot on except for the shoulders (i'm a solid 18") which are a bit wide. Looking at the pics with it being worn, it does appear that it's supposed to be a bit wide by design.

polloelastico

Familiar Face
I would do vintage black, yes. I am not positive there are differences in ‘17, but sometimes manufactures tweak the size on a pattern year to year so I want to be sure.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I just love the Freewheelers - Brakeman Coat (Rude Black). A little rich for my blood. Not too sure about sizing either. I'm 6'1" with a 25.5" arm. Not sure what to make of these measurements:

サイズ:44 着丈 75cm 身幅 57cm 肩幅 52cm 袖丈 65cm

http://avenuewebstore.com/freewheelers/?page_id=17369

The Mulholland is cool with no half belt and lower cinches.

polloelastico

Familiar Face
The brakeman is great, but too warm for where I live. Those sizes are weird, I would actually email them to confirm.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
What is it lined with. It is horsehide, but is it Shinki, or are the Japanese not as impressed by Shinki as everyone around here?
Oh no, the Japanese love Shinki as well. Freewheelers horsehide jackets are indeed Shinki. It is lined with a very thick wool and even has storm cuffs! It's REALLY thick and feels almost like a peacoat when you put it on as a result.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko