Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers Journeyman (Deer)

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Game over . . . .

14240929_821318407970141_273305489_n.jpg

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So, did you order one? I assume thats not you in the picture with that goatee ;)

Not yet. It is so damn tempting, but hard to justify given my Himel Canuck in brown Shinki. I think I would have to sell my Canuck to justify the FW Journeyman. Hmmmm . . . anyone want a good deal on a size 42 Canuck?

Ps: I did buy a new jacket today . . . something completely different for me . . . an A2 . . . more to follow.

singer

Familiar Face
Game over . . . .

This is just stunning.

I have been thinking about my next jacket purchase. If I get a longer length one, this is now high on the list. (I have been looking closely at the FW Four Corners lately, for a shorter early work coat.)

Have you had success in buying anything from Old Goat in Japan before, for shipping to the US? This looks to be a special 10th anniversary make for them, in Tatanka Brown Shinki HH. I love that shade of brown.

singer

Familiar Face
Yep, flap pockets kill it for me. Otherwise..very nice.

Without the pocket flaps, it's basically a Freewheeler's Brakeman, which is also very nice. It's an interesting thought experiment--in the same color HH, which would you prefer, the Brakeman or Journeyman? I like both a lot.

Neither would work if it had the typical upper chest seam like most car/rail coats. The simpler front allows from some extra details.

PRT_3152_20150227.jpg
PRT_3213_20150317.jpg

Reactions: A-1
Better. The huge pocket flaps look so out of place. And I still don't get the Japanese obsession with those things. . . We're all living in Amerika, indeed.

I'm not a huge 3/4 length guy to begin with. That said if I'm going there I want a mouton shawl collar, single breasted button front, half belt back. Totally different ball o' wax. This style just doesn't scream to me but it's very obvious why people are drawn to it. It's certainly cool, just not quite my thing, but I can appreciate. Will we get a proper review here soon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats