Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers La Brea, San Mateo and Centinela 2021 model discontinued.

Kenan

A-List Customer
Hi all

There has been a lot of speculation about when the next round of La Brea, San Mateo and Centinela jackets from Freewheelers will drop. Someone once claimed that Freewheelers couldn’t get Shinki horsehide that lived up the usual standard and therefore couldn’t get the jackets made.

I’ve just received this mail from the McFly store in Japan supporting that claim. Looks like it’s gonna be a while before those jackets gets released again.

4F500559-D760-464C-BF39-70D7C496298A.jpeg

Kenan

A-List Customer
So it’s not a permanent discontinuation?
They had issues with finding the same quality of horsehide as they have used before and the prices skyrocketed, so for now and the near future I highly doubt they will be releasing any leather jackets.

ChienChilla

One of the Regulars
They had issues with finding the same quality of horsehide as they have used before and the prices skyrocketed, so for now and the near future I highly doubt they will be releasing any leather jackets.
But it’s possible that they will produce more jackets in the future if they get the hides they want, or is it “we’re just not making leather jackets ever again”?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points