Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers Purple Little Wing

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Since we're in a Freewheelers appreciation period, I thought it was fitting to finally create a thread for this jacket.

It's a recreation of a East West jacket, in bull hide. If there ever was an argument for this hide, it certainly is this jacket. I just find that the pebbled look goes well with this design, and the colour is unique as well.

The close up pics are much darker than what it looks like

0Z81JlQ.jpg

4Nq7k24.jpg

bslGNan.jpg

dUrlnmx.jpg

vZXD6Wd.jpg

550f5YO.jpg

tnHG6DQ.jpg

XDmzdrd.jpg

GMocHwZ.jpg
Sheez man!! That hide is outrageous!!
It HAD to come from “That Old Bull” that walked down the hill and....!!!
B

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
That's pretty cool looking jacket. I have had my eye on an East West Musical Instruments jacket for a while - very similar to this one but the original 1970's version. I don't think I have the right look to pull it off - I look like a retired bouncer from a third rate highway road house.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I didn't think that jacket could get any more epic... then I saw the liner.

The hide is absolutely epic. That is a very unique jacket in the best possible way! Your collection is quite impressive.

The Freewheelers love will continue this week...

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Brilliant jacket.Get the right pair of jeans and I would rock it in a heartbeat. Is that grain for real, btw? Because it be ferocious!

Yep that grain feels real :)
What jeans would you wear with it btw?
Even though the colour is quite unique, it still feels versatile. Wore it with black and blue jeans no problems so far.

Very nice texture on that hide. Cool elf looking armor on the design:cool:

Didn't think about it :)
It does feel elvish

Awesome jacket. I really wanted one a few years back. Still do.

Get it! Which colour would you want it in?

That's pretty cool looking jacket. I have had my eye on an East West Musical Instruments jacket for a while - very similar to this one but the original 1970's version. I don't think I have the right look to pull it off - I look like a retired bouncer from a third rate highway road house.

Was the one you were looking at in cowhide? How was the leather they used back then?

I didn't think that jacket could get any more epic... then I saw the liner.

The hide is absolutely epic. That is a very unique jacket in the best possible way! Your collection is quite impressive.

The Freewheelers love will continue this week...

Thanks! They certainly have the knack to find interesting models to reproduce and their workmanship doesn't let it down!
Looking forward to seeing yours!!

Thats exactly what i thought too, very much Galadhrim Warriors inspired!
It looks like something you would design...

Speaking of designs, I am looking forwards to the blue jacket @navetsea will come up with next year!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Even though the colour is quite unique, it still feels versatile. Wore it with black and blue jeans no problems so far.

It does feel elvish

It does feel elvish

Was the one you were looking at in cowhide? How was the leather they used back then?

Thanks! They certainly have the knack to find interesting models to reproduce and their workmanship doesn't let it down!
Looking forward to seeing yours!!

Speaking of designs, I am looking forwards to the blue jacket @navetsea will come up with next year!

I think Ton said it. A British racing green! But the purple is badass. Wizard purple. You have a superb eye for jackets sir. One day, post your collection in a single pic. Better than a psychedelic light show!

red devil

I think Ton said it. A British racing green! But the purple is badass. Wizard purple. You have a superb eye for jackets sir. One day, post your collection in a single pic. Better than a psychedelic light show!

Thanks! It's indeed getting pretty colourful now, but still far from complete :D
British green would be very cool indeed, the closest I found was jade green in goat hide

t02200293_0555074010876591078.jpg

The denim version looks very cool as well

1521006DNMA.jpg

1521006DNMB.jpg

tuanhng614

Familiar Face
Fits you very well, like custom made. Good find.
Thanks. It fits well and feels much more comfortable now that it’s kind of broken in and conform to my body a bit. When I first got it, it was very tight in the chest. And with that many panels in the front/chest area, and it was so stiff that it kept hitting me in the chin lolz.

Only one thing on the fit is that the sleeve is a bit too long. I wish that it’s 1.5in shorter.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. It fits well and feels much more comfortable now that it’s kind of broken in and conform to my body a bit. When I first got it, it was very tight in the chest. And with that many panels in the front/chest area, and it was so stiff that it kept hitting me in the chin lolz.

Only one thing on the fit is that the sleeve is a bit too long. I wish that it’s 1.5in shorter.
Yeah these 70s designs jackets are really slim. But looks great. I wouldn't worry much about the sleeves, that's the slim long look. If you don't get warmed up to it down the road you can always get it taken in, but I think it's fine. Good find.

tuanhng614

Familiar Face
Yeah these 70s designs jackets are really slim. But looks great. I wouldn't worry much about the sleeves, that's the slim long look. If you don't get warmed up to it down the road you can always get it taken in, but I think it's fine. Good find.
Ah, thanks for this piece of information. Learning something new about leather jacket every day☺️☺️

I didn’t know about the 70s design trend at all. I just loved the design, the measurements looked right based on our measurements with JL, and just bought it.

Ended up with a jacket fitting me exactly how I wanted with other clothings.

About the sleeve length, it doesn’t bother me too much since it’s really tapered and slim fitting. It only slips down when I put the arms straighten out.

red devil

Agreed, the sleeves look good as is :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany