Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers Purple Little Wing

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Since we're in a Freewheelers appreciation period, I thought it was fitting to finally create a thread for this jacket.

It's a recreation of a East West jacket, in bull hide. If there ever was an argument for this hide, it certainly is this jacket. I just find that the pebbled look goes well with this design, and the colour is unique as well.

The close up pics are much darker than what it looks like

0Z81JlQ.jpg

4Nq7k24.jpg

bslGNan.jpg

dUrlnmx.jpg

vZXD6Wd.jpg

550f5YO.jpg

tnHG6DQ.jpg

XDmzdrd.jpg

GMocHwZ.jpg

red devil

Wow!
Everything about that jacket is intense! The colour, the hide texture, the pockets, the lining!
I kinda love it in a confused way... Not sure i would have what it takes to rock that one.
How does it fit?

You just have to feel comfortable wearing it, works for me :)
Well... when it fits. I was slimmer when I bought it and it was spot on, now it's too tight. I am currently on the way down, this jacket being the primary source of motivation lol

Here's the initial fit pic

je2PwN8.jpg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Cool jacket, very strong 70s vibes about it! I don't think I'd be able to pull it off, but I actually think this jacket is easier to wear once it is broken in and has some wear and fade to it.

red devil

Cool jacket, very strong 70s vibes about it! I don't think I'd be able to pull it off, but I actually think this jacket is easier to wear once it is broken in and has some wear and fade to it.

Once I can wear it comfortably all zipped up, I will break it in properly! :)

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I love a lot of the Freewheelers catalogue and have owned/worn several, but this one isn’t for me (too busy).

red devil

I love a lot of the Freewheelers catalogue and have owned/worn several, but this one isn’t for me (too busy).

It certainly is a completely different style, but that's what attracted my attention when I was looking at all they had on offer :)

Wow!
Everything about that jacket is intense! The colour, the hide texture, the pockets, the lining!
I kinda love it in a confused way... Not sure i would have what it takes to rock that one.

My exact thoughts.

But yeah, I definitely love it. A lot. I'd wear it proudly every day. It's kinda out there bordering on superhero costume right now, being all brand new and flawless but I think it will look fantastic once broken in.

red devil

My exact thoughts.

But yeah, I definitely love it. A lot. I'd wear it proudly every day. It's kinda out there bordering on superhero costume right now, being all brand new and flawless but I think it will look fantastic once broken in.

Just need to lose a few more kgs, and I will wear it a lot!
It's actually very warm thanks to that liner, so no problems until it gets quite cold (I don't think I would ever be able to layer under it)

Christ Almighty, the pic with the lining probably didn't load the first time I went thru the photos or something but... So I'm reading your post where you mention how warm the liner is and as I'm scrolling up to see the pics again, my train of thought was literally "...wait, liner? I don't remember seeing the liner, must probably be a cotton drill of some kind, probably purple as well because that would SWEET JESUS AND MARY A TIGER HOW CAN THIS BE SO COOL"

red devil

Christ Almighty, the pic with the lining probably didn't load the first time I went thru the photos or something but... So I'm reading your post where you mention how warm the liner is and as I'm scrolling up to see the pics again, my train of thought was literally "...wait, liner? I don't remember seeing the liner, must probably be a cotton drill of some kind, probably purple as well because that would SWEET JESUS AND MARY A TIGER HOW CAN THIS BE SO COOL"

That jacket doesn't pull any punches :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot