Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

From the head for the head

mauriciogray

New in Town
This hat was made with a felt bell from 40s. The edge and the brim is made in silk gross from 60s. The sweatband is made with Argentine leather and the interior with french satin.
It has 7 cms of wing, 5 cms of brim, 13 cms of crown.

It doesn’t have any mark or recognition of his manufacturer.

This hat was made by Sala. The felt is from the exclusive hatter depot. The hat is very light, flexible and comfortable. Its size is 6 ½ or 60 or 7½. The red satin was on a whim.

It based on photographs from my favorite hats and all were constructing my final idea. With time this one became my favorite hat so that it has all I wanted to have in a hat. At the moment I call it the Howard Huge. Many photos of Howard Hughes hats were an inspiration.

Perhaps a fancy Borsalino or Stetson would not produces me the satisfaction as this hat.

Now I am interested in ordering a hat like an Akubra Federation but rollable like the Borsalino Featherweight.

The beauty from a hat made by a hatter is the satisfaction to be the reflection of a desire.

I want share it with you, my friends. Cheers!

sombrerazo01.jpg

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
superb!

A truly wonderful hat. !Que aproveche!

And thanks so much for sharing it.

[for folks reading above this, the photos now appear to work]

mauriciogray

New in Town
the felt

some hatters in buenos aires have vintage felt for special customers... Is a little bit expensive.
The hatter is Sala. They have a store on they house. The owner is a hatter since 1934. A living enciclopedia.

mauriciogray

New in Town
the hatter

DSC08535.jpg

This man was the magician who made my hat. He is an extraordinary and nice man. He begun to work in 1934 with his father and now he works with his son. They have an incredible collection with hats used by argentinian characters. He knows the story about all hatters in Buenos Aires and the felt market.

SheikhDaoud

New in Town
Me encanta el sombrero

I love this hat, Mauricio, and it looks really great on you. I want one just like it. So, next time I'm in Buenos Aires, maybe you can introduce me to Sala. You say the hat was somewhat expensive. Do you mind telling us how much it was? Thanks and see you soon, David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran