Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 1930s repro Polo Ralph Lauren belt back tweed jacket, ~42-44R

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Do you love the vintage look, especially the rare belt-back jacket, but can't find or afford true 1930s stuff in your size? I've got the solution for you.

Marc Chevalier has talked before about how, in the late 80s and early 90s, Ralph Lauren went through a period where he made clothes that were precise copies of 1930s clothes, and got the fit and silhouette exactly right. This is a jacket from that era, and it's a beauty. Three buttons, rolled to two, action back with half-belt and pleats, patch pockets in the front, and a working detachable throat latch that buttons inside the jacket. Center vent. This is as close to a Golden Era beltback jacket as it gets. The fabric is a great, hearty tan birdseye tweed with flecks of brown and teal.

The quality is there, too - made in the US, fully canvassed fronts, hand sewn collar and lining. It's in pristine condition - no holes, stains, smells, nothing.

Asking $150, including shipping in the contintental US. I will ship elsewhere for an additional charge. Paypal only. PM me if you're interested.

There's no tagged size, but it's equivalent to a modern 42R or so. If you prefer the somewhat closer fits of the Golden Era, it could work for up to a 44R.
Measurements:
Chest: 46" (23" pit to pit)
Shoulders: 18.5"
Length from bottom of collar: 30.5"
Sleeves: 24" plus 1.5" to let down

IMG_1552.jpg
IMG_1559.jpg
IMG_1556.jpg
IMG_1557.jpg
IMG_1558.jpg
IMG_1553.jpg
IMG_1560.jpg