Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 2001 Levi's LVC x Aero Thunderbird with print removed, size S

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
This is the original Aero and Levis collaboration Thunderbird jacket that used to have the Thunderbird screenprint on the back. I removed it carefully with acetone and fed the hide with a colourless cream. The result is really good in my opinion.
I was going back and forth between keeping and selling the jacket, but now that I'm moving house and need to downsize the decision is easier.

This is in my option the best cross-zip design that Aero has released. Unlike the Bootlegger this is a straightforward 30s pattern. The collar is also quite different.

The colour is a teacore black with the brown core showing through in several areas of wear. The jacket is structurally intact.

I'm asking €400 net to me plus shipping from Germany via a fully tracked parcel of the national postal service DHL Germany.

Shipping to:
Germany €7
EU €16
UK €27
US €37
elsewhere: happy to ship anywhere, just ask for a quote.

Payment via PayPal F&F. Prefer to deal with longstanding members if possible.

All measurements in inches, taken with the jacket zipped and laid flat, leather fully smoothed out.

chest pit to pit 20
width across hem 17.25
shoulder width 16.5 (keep in mind this is a 30s pattern; the shoulder will be perfect for someone who usually wears a 17" shoulder in leather jackets)
sleeve length along curvature from shoulder seam 24
back length from collar seam to back hem 21

The fit pics were taken before I removed the screen print.
The flat pics were taken long after the removal. They're shot under photo bulbs so they should show all the details.

NOTE SCREEN PRINT REMOVED
tHj25cl.jpg

XOMJ2fc.jpg

sD0IEAx.jpg

kFDJlun.jpg

Shame you are parting with this. As you stated, this IS the best thing Aero had ever made - I had one myself - and it fits you tremendously well and deadly cool. Not sure how easy will be to replicate this level of cool.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Shame you are parting with this. As you stated, this IS the best thing Aero had ever made - I had one myself - and it fits you tremendously well and deadly cool. Not sure how easy will be to replicate this level of cool.

It is a nice jacket, true, and does fit well. I just won't have any use for it where I'm going. Not enough space.

For reference, I'm 5'8", 37" chest relaxed, 30" natural waist and I would say that these are the ideal measurements for this jacket. 36" chest and 31" natural waist would also work.
Note 'natural waist' isn't where your typical jeans would sit. They probably sit relaxed on the hips, like in the fit pics above with the jeans oversized at 32".
So if you measure where your jeans waist is, it's 32" not 30".

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Since Aero has the rights to reuse these patterns under their own name, maybe a few of us need to make a request…

high-maintenance

One of the Regulars
me thinks you should keep it.
wait 20 years and Levis will pay you a handsome amount so that they can reproduce based on your jacket.
Its a long term investment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui