Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 30s German DB suit, roped/striped black jacket+pants, Sz. 38

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Excellent late-1930's German DB suit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140920265432

1-13.jpg

Very elegant and versatile. You can wear it with striped grey trousers as a "Stroller"/Stresemann, as a black daytime suit with a colorful tie, as a "Sundays best" for Holidays and festive occasions.
As Afternoon- and Evening suit for a classy restaurant or cultural establishment, with black tie as a "lesser Tuxedo" for dances. Or most festive with white tie as a "lesser tails" for a wedding.
The great versatility explains why black suits were so frequent in Germany/Continental Europe during that time.

This one is not simply a "bread and butter" sunday suit, but high-quality tailor-work with a very fancy fabric.
The weave makes an otherwise "bleak" black fabric very interesting and elegant.
The rich, deep black wool fabric sports elaborate ropes and structure stripes.
Black silky lining and red-black-beige striped white sleeve lining.
A solid black DB suit won't get better than this.
Perfect with a grey or black Homburg, Bowler or Fedora.

Typical German bowl-shaped buttons.
Pleated trousers with buttonfly and side adjusters. Welted side pockets. Legs can be cuffed (or not) according to your requirements.

Excellent condition, no holes or tears. Already dry cleaned. Only some ageing on the white trouser waist-lining.

Size would best fit a US/UK 38 Regular (EUR 48).
The legs and sleeves can be let out.

Measurements:

Sleeves: 64,3 cm - 25.3 inches
Shoulders: 47 cm - 18.6 inches
Chest: 54 cm - 21.2 inches
Waist: 51 cm - 20.1 inches
Back with collar: 77 cm - 30.3 inches

Waist: 84 cm - 33.1 inches (can be let out 1 inch)
Leg outside: 110 cm (max. let out), 102 cm (full cuffs) - 43.3 inches (max let out)
Leg inside: 82 cm (max.), 76 cm (full cuffs) - 32.3 inches
Leg width at cuff: 28 cm - 11 inches

2-10.jpg

3-7.jpg

4-6.jpg

5-4.jpg

6-4.jpg

7-2.jpg

whitetie.jpg
SAM_0797.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Fastuni obviously has a time machine, and he's going back in time burglarizing peoples' homes and grabbing all the brand new suits. This is another dazzling example, sir.

cinetex

New in Town
Sales Lounge????

We are quite irritated.....why is it acceptable that members use the lounge to get their stuff sold better on Ebay?
If this is wanted we could easily list several hundred black german bread and butter suits.
We thought this forum is made for showing each other rather rare items and talk about......?????

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
cintex said:
This is the classified area, meant for buying and selling items. People post their Ebay items here, to see if any FL members have interest. Show & tell is what the forums above are for.

Fastuni, you have some amazing items!

svdwal

New in Town
Hi,

What is your price in Euro's, would you consider €.150,00?
As i live in the Netherlands, Euro's are far more easy for me.

Kind regards,

Sjoerd van de Wal

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
@cinetex

The "Classifieds" section is for members privately selling on a small scale things they don't need, while there are different rules for professional vendors.

You are more than welcome to advertise for your articles at the FL.
However there is an extra section for professional Vendors/Merchants:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/forumdisplay.php?21-Merchants

Regarding the rules for Merchants: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?52323-Merchants-and-The-Fedora-Lounge

FAQ said:
What are the Classifieds?
This forum is for individual private members to sell items they no longer wish to own. Vendors are not permitted to post there.

What about advertising?
Companies are not allowed to promote their goods, have signatures or post in the classified forum unless they are a sponsor. Companies who help support this joint through advertising through banners or Classic Style magazine are called Vendor/Sponsors and do have that priviledge provided it is not over done. Also Vendor/Sponsors can post in the merchants forum. If this is something you are interested in, contact MK for details: mk@thefedoralounge.com

@svdwal

As I read in the German suits thread, you seem to need 36 inches trousers and size 40 jackets... this suit may be rather too tight for you.

Best Regards

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Apart from the forum rules we should differentiate between active members who share their knowledge (for free) and sometimes sell a few pieces and pure vendors who just want to sell and nothing else.
Fastuni is a very active member. Nuff said.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Cinetex:

I hope this misunderstanding doesn't stop you posting here. I am sure that I speak for other FL members when i say that i would love to see you posting photos of your suits - especially to see the wide variations in styles.

The FL was traditionally a place where American suits (and discussions of American suits) were the focus. Now European members are increasingly playing an important role on the FL, discussing European suits. For me, that is interesting and exciting. And long may it continue.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes. That's true. I am sure you have a lot of knowledge and experience from collecting all the vintage suits. A really great collection.

Btw We had a cinetex thread in the finds and deals and it worked for your favour before you even joined up. Looks fair to me. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner