Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 7 1/4 - Silverbelly Bonar-Phelps 10x Quality, Open Road Style Hat

pnbarber

New in Town
Size 7 1/4, Silverbelly Bonar-Phelps Open road systel. The felt is in good condition with one small bite just above the ribbon at the back of the hat. The sweatband has a little wear and is reasonably soft and the stitching looks to be sound. The liner has it's plastic protector in place and there are no stains or discoloration and is in very good condition.

The hat could use a cleaning. The hat fits is too large for me and looks to be a big size 7-1/4.

Reduced
Priced at $45 + shipping.

Attachments

• Bonar-Phelps 1.jpg
    Bonar-Phelps 1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 503
  • Bonar-Phelps 2.jpg
    Bonar-Phelps 2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 390
  • Bonar-Phelps 3.jpg
    Bonar-Phelps 3.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 358
  • Bonar-Phelps 4.jpg
    Bonar-Phelps 4.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 366
  • Bonar-Phelps 5.jpg
    Bonar-Phelps 5.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 363
  • Bonar-Phelps 6.jpg
    Bonar-Phelps 6.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:

tgmilazzo

New in Town
Any idea the oval on this hat? Measurement inside front to back and side to side would be helpful also as my hat sizing seems to be all over the place.
Thanks

pnbarber

New in Town
As best as I can tell, the hat measures 7-3/4 front to back and 6-1/2 side to side. These are approximate.

Hope this helps.

pnbarber

New in Town
All measurements are approximate.

1.Brim width? 2.5"
2.Crown height (as creased)? Front - 4", Side 4.75"
3.Crown height (open)? 5.5"
4.Weight of hat? Not sure how to answer this. The felt seems fairly lightweight to me, although the hat is stiff and not soft like many of my hats.

JackieMatra

A-List Customer
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions.

As for:
"4.Weight of hat? Not sure how to answer this. The felt seems fairly lightweight to me, although the hat is stiff and not soft like many of my hats."
I weigh hats and other things by putting them on a scale. ;)
I really don't mean to be derisive here. It just continues to surprise me that nearly no one seems to know or care much about this, whereas, it makes quite a considerable difference to me whether a hat weighs 3.3 or 6.5 ounces, or something in between.
(I own fur felt hats of nearly identical dimensions whose individual weights are all across this range.)

pnbarber

New in Town
No offense taken, but I guess the assumption was made that I had a scale that weighs in ounces - I don't. :)
If I had, I would have been happy to provide you with the weight.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
People,

Every so often, there comes a nice hat for a great price. This is one of those hats. Silverbelly (goes with just about anything), thin ribbon (can be worn casual or dressy), and very few (1) flaws. Oh, and it has a bound edge for a finished look.

I am bumping this post, because someone needs a nice hat for an AWESOME price!

BUMP!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy