Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: A-2 Poughkeepsie sz 48, Diamond Clothing (as new)

seres

A-List Customer
PATTERN: A Diamond Clothing Company reproduction of the Poughkeepsie Leather Coat Co. contract W535ac28560 of 1942.

I think this is a very comfortable fitting jacket, with a wider shoulder and upper back area, and larger arm holes and upper arms. It should fit a husky person well.

LEATHER: Diamond advertises the leather as “Full Grain, Chrome tanned, Semi-Aniline, Dark Russet Steer” I think it is more of a walnut color, but examine the color adjusted pictures, noting the X-Rite Color Checker for calibration. Leather thickness measures by caliper between 2.5 and 2.75 ounces. Leather is soft and drapes well, and the grain is amazing!

KNITS: Diamond advertises: “dark russet brown wool”. Knits are tight, with no pilling or pulls.

MEASUREMENTS, in inches (approximate due to subjective measuring techniques):

*Tag Size: 48, but measurements are close to a size 46…

*Pit-to-Pit: 25.0, measured across the front at 1-inch below pits. When each panel is measured individually, and all measures are added, and then divided by 2 (12.75+24.25+13.5)/2, the P2P is 25.25

*Shoulders: 19.50

*Sleeves: 25.75, measured along the curve, from epaulette to the end of stretched knits.

*Back: 27.50, measured from collar attaching seam to bottom on knit.

APPEARANCE and CONDITION: Jacket appears as new. This jacket was purchased new from Diamond Clothing Co (Diamond Dave) in July, 2017, and has always been in a darkened, climate-controlled closet, in a pet-free, non-smoking home. It has never been wet, conditioned, or cleaned. There are no rips, stitch holes, stains, or worn spots.

When I placed the order in the Spring of 2017, my weight had ballooned significantly, and a size 48 was suggested. Shortly after the order was placed I started a diet, and by the winter jacket season I had lost 50 pounds. This jacket was now too large, but I kept it in case I re-gained the weight. After a year I have not re-gained any weight (and am not likely to), so it’s time to sell this jacket.

SHIPPING: Shipping to all 50 USA states is included in the price. At this time, I must limit shipping to USA addresses only. Jacket will be packed in a large box and sent via USPS Priority Mail, with Insurance.

PRICE and PAYMENT: Priced at $500.00. Payment to be PayPal Friends and Family.

DISCOUNT: As a demonstration of support for the members who contribute to this forum, I will offer a discount of 10% to any member of this forum who joined prior to January 1, 2018, AND who has made at least 20 posts in 2018.

REFERENCES: I have been a member of this forum since August 2008. I have never sold any jacket on this forum, but I have purchased jackets from several members. References can be provided on request.

20190330-1007-2.jpg
20190330-1008-2.jpg
20190330-1014-2.jpg
20190330-1017-2.jpg

Last edited:

Behemott

New in Town
Hi Seres,

Love the jacket, stunner! This will age so well.

Was all existed .... if only in my size ...

GLWTS.

D

seres

A-List Customer
Updated description to provide discount...

DISCOUNT: As a demonstration of support for the members who contribute to this forum, I will offer a discount of 10% to any member of this forum who joined prior to January 1, 2018, AND who has made at least 20 posts in 2018.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko