Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: A few pairs of restored vintage engineer boots

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, for fans of engineer boots, I have for sale are a few pairs of newly restored boots from the 50s-70s. The boots themselves are not spectacular for their vintage value, they are un-verified as truly from the 40s or 30s, so I don't claim them. However, they are hand-restored by Brian the Bootmaker (#Brianthebootmaker).

Some of the newly posted Instagram photos on his account were my boots.

Pictures worth a thousand words so please take a look. He relasted them to look like the 30s and to fit my feets. So please measure your feet according to the following diagram and numbers. The heels cups are all new, footbed and cushion are all new. New sole and new heels.

These are probably 50s Montgomery Wards, some wounds on the upper panel, but will last for another good 20-30 years.

These are most recent unknown brand, with a USA map embossed, you are welcome to ID them.

My measurements are

Left foot:
a: 9 1/2
b: 9 ¼
c: 10
d: 13
E: 8 ¾

Right foot
A: 9.5
B: 9 ¾
c: 10.5
d: 13
e: 9

regius

I went a little crazy and ordered too many jobs from Brian than I needed, so I am letting them go at a breakneck price. $400 each. This is way below how much I paid if you know about Brian the Bootmaker or any other vintage boot restoration places.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful boots at a sharp price....size 13 EE for me, would swoop on that price if they were my size

SLAB

A-List Customer
are those measurements of your naked feet or wearing socks? It seems my feest are a bit smaller but it could still work.
pls post pictures of all four boots
cheer

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Crazy good price as sold from a really solid guy. Reg, I wish we were the same foot size as we are jacket size :)

regius

I will post pic soon, been crazy busy, thanks guys. please note, some of these have been lightly worn, so the soles are a bit dirty, but still pretty much new. Cheers!

regius

Ok, pictures. These are the unbranded (they must be branded but I don't know, maybe Georgia?). The leather shell is pretty much new, perhaps from the 80s, so as I said, the leather shell is of nothing special, but, it has been re-shaped and re-soled, so that adds to it as something of a make-over value. I know, if Brian issues his own boots, it will be of Horween leather, but other than the leather, the shape is in line with his styles, and of course, the material and quality of the bottom elements. These have never been worn.

regius

Montgomery Wards, these are older, judging from the leather and extent of use. There is a little imperfection as mentioned before, please see picture. These are originally soft toes. Again, these have not been worn since the restoration.

regius

Sears, these are good stuff. The leather is really good and it looks like the model based on which the Lone Wold and John Lofgren made theirs.

Grain

regius

Sorry, i didn't address your question. The measurements are taken with regular wool socks (Orvis invincibles).

regius

For length reference, I wear 8.5-9 in Alden's boots, Indy, dress shoes etc. Same for Crocket and Jones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy