Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Aero Hercules Horsehide Leather Jacket, Half Belt, 48

JacketAddict

One of the Regulars
Jacket is Sold -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/109715367@N06/

I am offering this beautiful jacket here before it goes on the bay at a price of $550 which will include shipping in CONUS. I hate to part with it and I am only selling it due to fit issues. Note that sleeves are on the short side - at least they are for me. I would call this jacket a "true 48" despite the 26" pit-to-pit measurment. I am closer to a 50-52 and it does fit me but just a bit too tight for comfort. I have plenty of references and I will provide all my contact info if you are interested. I do have a Paypal account but I will accept payment in any legal and convenient form.

If you are interested please act fast as I need to move this one quickly.

"Hercules" - Heavy Front Quarter Horsehide Scotland 2008

"The Hercules is a more detailed version of the typical American long half belted jacket. The front of the jacket has a deep cord effect detail starting mid-way up the sleeve and running downwards to the bottom of the coat/jacket.

There are five pockets: two side pockets and two large patch pockets with lovely curved detail on pocket flap, and one breast pocket. The sleeves have a typical American false cuff and benefit from storm cuffs if you live in a cold climate.

The back has a longer "Cossack/Half Belt" type styling with belt and buckle side fastenings. There are three brass underarm eyelets for ventilation."

Sumptous "Cherry Horsehide" (burgundy) front quarter horsehide jacket handmade in Scotland, full cottontwill lining. Body professionally insulated with Thinsulate.

Leather is thick and supple and just beginning to be broken in. Horsehide is famously stiff when new, and this heavy jacket is just beginning to relax, which takes years.

Excellent vintage condition. No stains, rips, cuts or punctures. Fantastic patina with normal wear scratches and rub marks.

Horsehide is tight-grained and repels rain.

All zippers and pockets in perfect condition.

Classic halfbelt style. Odor free.

This heavy jacket will wear like iron, increase in its rich patina, and satisfy for many years to come. Please check measurements.

Armpit to armpit across front, laid flat -- 26"

Shoulder to shoulder across back -- 22"

Shoulder seam to end of cuff -- 24"

Base of collar to bottom of back -- 28"

Sleeve base of collar to cuff -- 36"

Waist circumference -- 48"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner