Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rare Lost Worlds J-24

Arnold

One of the Regulars
For sale is a Lost Worlds J-24 motorcycle jacket in extremely thick horsehide in size 40 S (for "Short" [*]).

Short-time offer - this will only be available today, until midnight Central European Summer Time, because that's how long I have to get a replacement for my broken PC at a certain discount. Otherwise I'd never sell this jacket as I'd been wanting this exact specimen for eight years when I bought it - you can see photos of it on the Lost Worlds website and I felt lucky to get it from a forum member last summer.

Despite being from 2014 it wasn't worn much by its previous owners. It smells like new and is far from being broken in, except for sleeve creasing, and has several custom features: Conmar wire zipper; shorter than usual sleeves - as a watch guy I greatly appreciate this; mixed color hardware; the male snaps for attaching a fur collar are omitted; belt is standard J-23 belt with less studs).
The famous LW striations appear in several places including the upper back and the lapel.

Small issues are: zipper verdigris in some spots; two very faint horizontal scratches on the back - only visible under direct lighting conditions; D-pocket zipper is tough to open (but closes easily, and it can probably be eased with a bit of graphite or similar. Personally I never applied any substances to any parts of the jacket); and the waist hem is a little longer on the left side because Stuart apparently doesn't like to punch the belt loop snap through the D-pocket.

Some members think I'm picky regarding this stuff, others dislike it, so I'm just disclosing as much as I can up front. All in all it's a fantastic, rare item in a one-off custom configuration that would cost you in excess of 4500 Euros if you were to buy it new and import it to a EU country.

(*) Sizing is roughly similar to a Schott 618 in size 42, and the torso is not "short" at all as the J-24/ J-23 is generally a boxy, long-ish pattern compared to Perfecto style jackets.

Can be yours for € 1300 if you decide today. I'm located in the EU and can ship to most countries at buyer's cost.
Paypal with buyer protection or Wise transfer.

If you want closeup photos, please send me a PM and I'll rush home to take some.

I'll be posting one or two textile LW jackets later today.

Attachments

• IMG_20230727_191331~2.jpg
    IMG_20230727_191331~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20230727_223626~2.jpg
    IMG_20230727_223626~2.jpg
    957.4 KB · Views: 146

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
Most likely too small for me, but nevertheless, measurements? (along with pics of them)

Last edited:

Arnold

One of the Regulars
The aforementioned official photos at Stuart's website, courtesy of the first owner:

https://lostworldsinc.com/images/BucoJ24-Yeh-1.jpg
https://lostworldsinc.com/images/BucoJ24-Yeh-2.jpg
https://lostworldsinc.com/images/BucoJ-24Yeh-4.jpg

This gentleman is a bit more muscular than me while of similar height.

I wear a Schott 125 in size 40, which corresonds to the 618 in size 42 (the 125 is Schott's "fuller cut" and has a thick zip-out pile lining to accomodate), and the J-24 is roomier on me than the 125, except for its reduced sleeve length.

Measurements:
Pit to pit (measured half relaxed, not fully pressed flat): ca. 54 cm
Waist hem: 48.5 cm
Sleeve length (straight): 60 cm
Back: 60.5 cm
Width numbers are difficult to state precisely because of the heft of the leather.

The offer to take new photos still stands, I had already replied to bigmanbigtruck in private.

Last edited:
The hide from that era is thick and beautiful. More work to break in than the current hide too. GLWS. Awesome jacket.

Arnold

One of the Regulars
Extending the offer again. Still available, but will no longer be if & when I sell enough other stuff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters