Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Aviation Leathercraft G-1 leather jacket SOLD

Dave E

One of the Regulars
For sale is an Aviation Leathercraft G-1 type leather jacket, size 40L (jacekt and me are in the UK).

The Aviation Leathercraft version isn't a strictly accurate repro (different pocket and collar fastenings, for example), but it is a very high quality, nicely made jacket in good, heavyweight leather (cowhide). Nice and warm, the mouton collar fastens up to make it particularly snug.

Some pictures:

DSC_3430.jpg

The above is the best representation of the leather colour of the pics.

DSC_3437.jpg

DSC_3441.jpg

DSC_3431.jpg

DSC_3433.jpg

This shot of the interior pocket (which is very deep) has the best representation here of the lining colour:

DSC_3440.jpg

DSC_3439.jpg

I got this off eBay recently, but it is pretty accurately sized in modern terms (a lot of these jackets are sized to older standards and you often have to go up a size or two), so it's really a bit on the large side for me. I have toyed with the idea of shrinking it, but the methods seem a little hit and miss and I don't want to ruin what is essentially a very nice jacket!

In terms of sizing, I think the 40L is pretty accurate, if anything that is a touch understated. The back length (base of collar to bottom of knits) is 25.5”, sleeves are 25.5” from shoulder seam to end of knits, shoulders are 21” across and armpit to armpit inside is 24”.

It has been worn very little, I think, the only marks on it are a few scuffs on the cuffs like this:

DSC_3436.jpg

The knits are all in pretty much perfect condition and there are no marks or tears anywhere in the lining. No odours to it, either, it clearly hasn't been in a smoky environment.

To be honest, it could do with being bought and having the heck worn out of it, it should build up some very nice character over time.

These cost a hefty £350 from Aviation Leathercraft, I am looking for SOLD £90 SOLD posted in the UK. Postage overseas would be a bit more expensive. Ideally payment by bank transfer or cheque, or Paypal if the buyer covers the fees somehow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24