Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Bailey Fedora, size large

Jim2903

One of the Regulars
Selling my Bailey Fedora -- yes, this model is just called the Fedora. Wool felt, unlined, size large (I take a 7 3/8 to 7 1/2, and this is just a tad snug on me). It's a rich brown with a wide ribbon -- I think it has a great vintage look to it. Brim's about 2 3/4". Crushable, water repellant. This was my main hat for regular wear and travel for a couple years (before I got my Akubras), but it's still in really nice shape. I'm asking $30 plus $8 shipping to continental US addresses, PayPal preferred, all sales final. Thanks!

5978414103_3bff5b1581.jpg

5978414403_2977fe2599.jpg

5978414645_ef44012c07.jpg

5978972430_7a3a670015.jpg

5978972952_5820da232f.jpg

5978973206_65a9ca0f32.jpg

Simon Collins

New in Town
.....if you would sell it to an Australian I'd love to buy it. I'm new to all this, so if you'd let me know how much to post to Western Australia and how to send money, again I'd love to purchase you're Bailey.....you can email me @ simoncollins6@bigpond.com if it's easier. Hope I hav'nt broken any web site protocol's. Best regards, Simon Collins.

....ps had to change avatar, looked too much like a smug younger Col Saunders......this is not a bad likeness, although in real life I resemble a cross between George Clooney & Cary Grant....but better looking of course. I wish!

Last edited:

Jim2903

One of the Regulars
Simon: I would have to determine size and weight of the final shipping package, but initial research suggests it would cost between $15 and $30 for international first-class mail. I'm thinking that makes buying locally a better deal for you, but I'll let you decide that.

Thanks,
Jim

Simon Collins

New in Town
....Hi Jim, thanks for your prompt reply. Yeah I'd still love to wear that hat, so please let me know cost and I'll buy it!
I've been wearing a Melbourne made Avenel fedora, bought at one of the last old time Australian country men's clothing stores, as my sole lid for about 6 or 7 years now...I live in a small seaside country town(Busselton),we get plenty of sun & I'm of Celtic stock so burn easily, so it's very practical....I still love my well worn old hat, and now I'm finally in a position to collect a few more I've been on a very steep learning curve, so much stuff to know......anyways, I've bought from ebay a lovely vintage Dobbs and a well worn but loved looking Knox.....I've even had to buy a hatstand. My biggest problem will be which one to wear?......anyway yeah, I'd still like to buy your Bailey mate.

Kindest regards, Simon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff