Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Buzz Rickson's B-15B "Test Sample" - size 36 ($400)

3onaMatch

One of the Regulars
This is a fantastic, gently worn Buzz Rickson's Reproduction of the B-15B experimental "Test Sample" model. Similar to the model that would eventually be adopted by the U.S. Air Force, except instead of the usual nylon twill, the outer shell is made of a nice thick cotton grosgrain fabric. The color is khaki with a greenish tint. The knits are dark purple, somewhat like the knits of a Dubow A-2. Lined with a thick alpaca wool pile. Crown zip. Mouton fur collar.

Knits, zipper, and fur collar are in perfect shape. Shell is likewise in good shape with no markings, tears or rips to speak of. This jacket has had about 5 months of intermittent wear. Very nice and broken in. I'm only selling it in an effort to thin the jacket herd.

Note on size: this is a size 36, which represents a size down for me due to my desire for a trimmer fit. I wear a size 38S suit jacket and this fits me perfectly in the chest. Sleeves and body length are just within limits for me, but it fits. I wouldn't recommend this to someone who wears a 38R or larger, as this will likely be too short.

Note on alterations: I wanted a cleaner, slightly more civilian look, so the leather 02 patch and zip pocket on the left arm have both been carefully removed. You can't tell they were ever there. I still have them and will include them with the jacket should you decide to put them back on. I have included a few fit pics which show how the jacket fits on a 38S torso, and also shows the leather patch and arm pocket which were removed.

When BR has this in stock, it will run you around $600 after shipping and fees, etc. I'm asking $400 plus shipping.

***As a matter of policy, I don't take returns on clothing items, so please ask any and all questions before purchasing.***

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner