Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Connolly Steerhide Aero HM size 46

Rosecitymike

One of the Regulars
Hi all,

received this from @Monitor but it is unfortunately a bit too small for me. here is a link to the original ad: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...-connolly-steerhide-sz-46.97443/#post-2551114

I'm including some photos from that ad here, as they are much better than mine, and there are more at the link. Some additional info that may help: this is a size 46 and I would say fits TTS. I'm 6'2" and wear a 48 sport coat (a true 47 chest though). The chest on this is snug for me, but doable. The sleeves are short though--I would say this jacket would probably fit someone shorter than 6 feet and a true 46-48 chest well.

In the original ad, measurements are listed like this:

Size 46 and the measurements are...
  • P2P: 26" / 66 cm
  • Shoulder width: 21" / 54 cm
  • Waist width: 23.5" / 60 cm
  • Sleeve length: 24.5" / 62 cm
  • Back length: 26" / 66 cm
the only difference I get is a PTP more around 24.5" (have included my own photo here). Otherwise, I get the same. There is also a small hole in the lining near the hem not mentioned in the original ad, but I'm showing here.

Monitor is correct: this is a great hide. Well broken in and supple with incredible grain. I took a chance, hoping that maybe the measurements would work for me, but alas the sleeves are just too short for my frame.

Asking $450 as Monitor did, and will ship for free in the US.

here are a few photos for those who don't want to click the link.

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
aero1.jpeg
aero2.jpeg

Oh man, sorry to hear that the jacket didn't work out for you. And as for the hole in the lining, I honestly didn't notice! Would've mentioned it of course but I really didn't know it's there. Thing is, since I completely disregard the condition of the lining when I'm buying a jacket for myself, I always forget to give it a thorough check when I'm selling something... I can see the hole now on the photos I've taken. It's there, I just never noticed before. I really do apologize!

Andrew Putnam

Familiar Face
Nice jacket. After trying another HWM with 24.25 sleeves which were too short I think this one might be too short in the sleeves for me as well. It does have an extra inch in P2P and shoulders though which might help. Hmm, if they were just a bit longer....

Ken David

One of the Regulars
Very nice jacket! I was looking for HWM in brown but after seeing these pics I may have to reconsider....the black looks amazing. Unfortunately the p2p is slightly too big for me even though I prefer my jackets on the looser side.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Lederer

New in Town
Is the waist adjustable? On Thurston Bros. website HM jackets are usually 21-23 inches more or less . New to TFL. Still learning. Very interested in jacket.

Rosecitymike

One of the Regulars
Is the waist adjustable? On Thurston Bros. website HM jackets are usually 21-23 inches more or less . New to TFL. Still learning. Very interested in jacket.

Yes, it has the side adjusters at the waist. If you look at the second photo (of the back of the jacket) you can see them.

Lederer

New in Town
Thank you would appreciate that. On Thurston Bros. 46 HM are that wide. But I can't figure out Aero sizing.

Rosecitymike

One of the Regulars
@Lederer (or anyone else interested) here are some photos of the waist with adjusters all the way out and completely tightened. I’m getting 23.25 and 20.75 respectively, so looks like the smaller range you mentioned. You can direct message me if still interested.
59B87F3C-B0F3-4489-9CE2-9CF8A84F5475.jpeg

A02201F6-E20F-47C0-B105-489027C811EC.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm