Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Eastman Hartmann Luftwaffe Jacket Size 46 in Near Mint $325 Shipped CONUS

DerekSolomon

New in Town
Hey all,

I'm getting ready to put my Erich Hartmann jacket up on Ebay soon. I figure I'd give you guys first shot at it. It is the famous WWII Luftwaffe jacket by Eastman. It is in Excellent to Near Mint condition, as I've only worn it probably 12 - 20 times. I've owned it for about 5 years. I'm asking $325USD, shipped CONUS. I think I paid something like $800 for this jacket new...

It is size 46. It is very slim, so you either need to be a "skinny" size 46 (waist 34 or slimmer), or a regular size 44. I'm 5' 10" and a little over 200 lbs, and the jacket is tight on me.

The jacket has been altered! When I bought it, I found out that only baboons could wear it while walking around. As you know, this is meant to be an old French "cycling" jacket, and that means that the sleeves were rediciously long. I had a very reputable tailor who specialized in leather alterations simply remove 1" from the sleeves. It was a simple modification because of the style of the cuff. Check the pictures closely, and you won't be disappointed with the results. The jacket can now be worn casually, and you won't look like a little boy wearing your dad's clothes...

Other than that, there are no surprises with this jacket. Look at the pictures, and you'll see the only marks are some slight rub areas on the leather on the outside of the left armpit. Otherwise, the jacket is extremely clean. There are no stains or soil marks anywhere, and the zippers are all in perfect condition.

The quality of this jacket is visible in the pictures. The leather is beautiful. The color is classic and the tanning is consistent. The stitiching is all without flaws. The buttons are made of horn material. The zippers are a fantastic period match.

Here are pictures from my Picasa gallery:

https://picasaweb.google.com/derek9...&authkey=Gv1sRgCNLira_-wJibKw&feat=directlink

I'm selling it because (1) I have about 12 expensive leather jackets and this one always stays in the closet, (2) this one fits too tight since I also love In-N-Out, and (3) I can't take the wool lining. It is too warm for me. I've found out I'm really sensitive to that kind of stuff and I only like cotton or silk or the Scott plaid wool (feels like cotton) in my Aero Leather jackets. I even leave the Aero jacket in the closet till winter because I live in LA. I ride a motorcycle and the thin lambskin of my Indy Wested gets the daily workout.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I take Paypal. You can reach me at Derek.Solomon@S1.com I'll be happy to measure something or take more pictures if you need them. Thanks!

-Derek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran