Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: FREEWHEELERS, BUZZ RICKSON'S, SB & MORE

58panheadfan

One Too Many
SOLD! Buzz Rickson's N-1 Size XL (40/42")
s-l400.jpg

SOLD! FW Brakeman Jacket Size 42" - SOLD! FW Gold Miner Jacket Size 40"
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg

SOLD! Manifattura Ceccarelli
pre-production, Browns Beach Jacket, size M/L
- SOLD! FW Vest Journeyman, Size 42"
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg

SOLD! FW Shirt Rivet Gunner, Size 17" - SOLD! FW Shirt Rivet Gunner, Size 17"
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg

Thank you for your interest...

Last edited:

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
I like aforementioned brown SB Lavant but am confused of its strange dark (almost black) greasy areas which look like dirty oil at first sight. The leather looks nice by its own but those dark greasy areas decrease its beauty noticeably (just my point, no offence intended).
What were the reasons of those dark areas? Lots of careless wear? Too much oil treatments? Anything else?

Last edited:

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Good point. The dark spots are not noticable greasy as the other brighter leather sections. The jacket had from the beginning on darker sections (mottled). By wearing the jacket it darkened significantly at the points of stress. Also, the jacket get wet in a rain shower. But I think that's part of this kind of leather. I once had an aero jacket in battered horsehide and this jacket had nearly same appearance. I did not wear the jacket more than about 10 times and this kind of patina developed in no time. But of course some people like it other don’t…

Next pic shows mentioned aero's plainsman in battered horsehide:

IMG_9936 - Kopie.JPG

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
The brown vs. black spots are not as dominant in nature as they appear on the photos. However, it is very difficult to capture the actual brown color in photos. I have just made two more pictures that are probably the closest to true appearance ... but each time the pictures look different, not least by the different lighting conditions.

View attachment 171086
View attachment 171087
Thanks for such detailed answer and for additional photos. This leather really looks kind of special.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn