Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS Good Wear Leather Spiewak (I Chapman & Sons) A-2 Size 46

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I'm offering my Good Wear Leather I Chapman & Sons A-2 in French goatskin made in around 2010.

This is the Isaac Spiewak & Sons contract shown here (http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/a2_ichapman.html - the images are not of this particular jacket), but due to Trade mark issues John applies his own label.

The pattern is extremely similar to the Doniger (shirt like profile, slender torso, broader shoulders, slender arms and narrow collar points), but with more curved pocket flaps and ring snaps to the collar and pockets. Consequently, it's an extremely comfortable A-2 to wear and very smart in appearance.

The goatskin is extremely flexible with great drape and is wearing in nicely. The colour was originally a mid-russet (much lighter and more red), which was not consistent with the darker goatskin used by Spiewak. I took some advice from John about leather dyes and have aimed for a light depot re-dye, but without the application of a roundel.

The waist and wrist knits are in excellent condition all round (as is the lining) and the zipper (a NOS Talon) works perfectly.

Dimensions:
Pit to pit 23.5"
Shoulders 19.5"
Sleeves 24.5"
Back length 26"
Front length 23.5"

I'm asking £445 plus actual shipping costs.

image_zpsox3msiqk.jpeg

image_zpsuvnkrnwu.jpeg

image_zpsmbtmcyup.jpeg

image_zpspcmp8qix.jpeg

image_zps0xv1pc9k.jpeg

image_zpshwq1pmvb.jpeg
image_zpsi7ekt0rb.jpeg

image_zpsm7uabja8.jpeg

image_zpst1rnyscw.jpeg

image_zpsicblr4zt.jpeg

image_zpsfalynoza.jpeg

image_zpsjc5qbolf.jpeg