Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Goodwear natural Horween Arcadia

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lots of emotions went through me in the past hour. I still am struggling. As I posted, John new natural Horween cxl HH Arcadia just arrived. I bought directly from him, a one off jacket with this hide. It’s heavy, dense, & fit 90% perfectly. But my current pursuit to build up & become a personal trainer is incompatible with vintage patterns!!! Genetically my shoulder & upper chest is already big, so to accommodate, I need 46 for the upper portion & 42 for the lower portion for jackets, the only rack jacket that fit is Vanson. Anyhow, this Arcadia has NOS rayon sleeves, cord cuff, cord under collar, dense cotton body, white duck pockets, Deadstock labels & zippers, per usual standard by John.
Size 44.
I am so SAD. Catch & release, $850 shipping included US.

Shoulder 18”
Sleeves 26”
Pit 23”

cac268be3ead38d3ab8ee2ab83f8bac2.jpg
eba30af52cf8cee394e148e2bc0ee1d2.jpg
ba447f08f92526beaebf6595400c1bcf.jpg
3fea43ab461f40b0a0ed559df9c3f6ad.jpg
9b885bca31154cd700b45a8c59e27adf.jpg
a03c02c8c825aac07d76cd84a64b2f9a.jpg
d41ebca84eb3015df75b5b7f2eb11aee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Lots of emotions went through me in the past hour. I still am struggling. As I posted, John new natural Horween cxl HH Arcadia just arrived. I bought directly from him, a one off jacket with this hide. It’s heavy, dense, & fit 90% perfectly. But my current pursuit to build up & become a personal trainer is incompatible with vintage patterns!!! Genetically my shoulder & upper chest is already big, so to accommodate, I need 46 for the upper portion & 42 for the lower portion for jackets, the only rack jacket that fit is Vanson. Anyhow, this Arcadia has NOS rayon sleeves, cord cuff, cord under collar, dense cotton body, white duck pockets, Deadstock labels & zippers, per usual standard by John.
Size 44.
I am so SAD. Catch & release, $850 shipping included US.

Shoulder 18”
Sleeves 26”
Pit 23”

cac268be3ead38d3ab8ee2ab83f8bac2.jpg
eba30af52cf8cee394e148e2bc0ee1d2.jpg
ba447f08f92526beaebf6595400c1bcf.jpg
3fea43ab461f40b0a0ed559df9c3f6ad.jpg
9b885bca31154cd700b45a8c59e27adf.jpg
a03c02c8c825aac07d76cd84a64b2f9a.jpg
d41ebca84eb3015df75b5b7f2eb11aee.jpg

Really, are you sure? I think it looks pretty good on you!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I can't imagine why you're not satisfied with the fit. If you gain size through weight training, eventually you'll perhaps need to size up. You can sell it then, and still get your money out of it. You can wear it a while, I think. That's what I'd do.

mygar

A-List Customer
Well... i will bite i guess. I dont see your reasoning to sell. If you want to sell thats fine.

But there are only 2 ways you will outgrow that jacket from training. 1. Eat and lift to just get big.... and also yes fat. Or 2.... hit he checmical route... of which any gains will be lost once your off. So outgrowing jacket under option 2 is temporary.

Most folk vastly underestimate their bf %... and how difficult it is to gain lean mass... and how long that actually takes. Especially as you get older.

If it were me... cut down slowly and work out hard... naturally. You will look bigger and be in much better health... and that jacket will probably be a bit large on you afterwards.

ProteinNerd

I agree with most of the opinions, it’s a great jacket and fits you now. Why not wear it until it doesn’t fit.

If you are going to try and outgrow it via muscle, your looking at at least 20 pounds to go up a size in my experience and without “assistance” that’s going to take a while....but considering the current GW fiasco I’m sure someone will take it off your hands now rather than wait +4 years.

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Agree with most, Reg - it fits you well on the photos shown above.

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Just can't believe seeing it on sale still, to my taste it's one of most attractive jackets ever.

regius

Haha thanks guys. So, I don’t believe it’s a “comfortable” fit if I don’t have breathing/puffing room at the upper chest, & that the situation right now. I am not at my biggest (I lifted for over 14 years & my size fluctuate up & down like crazy) nor my thinnest. So yes, my wife told me to keep it as a “skinny period” jacket. But I think I’m looking for comfort than period accurate fit, & this feeling is shared among bodybuilders as the blood needs to flow & bulky muscle in itself is already restrictive. Meanwhile I find much more comfort in my custom measured Bates T2. So, I’m offering it up for sale right now.

regius

What’s your chest and waist measure right now?

So, interesting, my “chest” is not even true 44, my waist is 34”. But I’m talking about the front deltoid & upper bundle of the pec altitude. This jacket fits super comfy at the lateral deltoids, trap, rib cage, elbow, waist, belly. ONLY the upper chest level when zipped up.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Haha thanks guys. So, I don’t believe it’s a “comfortable” fit if I don’t have breathing/puffing room at the upper chest, & that the situation right now. I am not at my biggest (I lifted for over 14 years & my size fluctuate up & down like crazy) nor my thinnest. So yes, my wife told me to keep it as a “skinny period” jacket. But I think I’m looking for comfort than period accurate fit, & this feeling is shared among bodybuilders as the blood needs to flow & bulky muscle in itself is already restrictive. Meanwhile I find much more comfort in my custom measured Bates T2. So, I’m offering it up for sale right now.

Yeah, well in twenty years or maybe 10 when your body catches up to your age it prob would fit perfect and you might wish you still had it! There’s that, but maybe you don’t look that far down the road. I still wear jackets i bought when i was young and didn’t realize 40 years later they still fit and look bitchin but that’s just me.
GLWS.
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner