Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Handmade tie and bow ties from vintage pattern

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I recently made myself some ties and bow ties, and had material left over, so I made up the rest into some ties and bow ties. I used an original pattern from 1941 to make these. Shipping is to be determined by destination, just send me a PM with your location and which tie or ties you'd like.

Necktie is £25 + shipping
Bowties A and B are each £15 + shipping
Bowties C, D, and E are each £14 + shipping
I accept PayPal, or postal orders or cheque from in the UK.

Necktie, 48.25" in length, 3 7/8" at the widest, vintage fabric (poss. 1940s deadstock)
SAM_3607.jpg

SAM_3609.jpg

SAM_3608.jpg

Bowtie A, from the same fabric. Adjustable ribbon back, size 13-18.5 approx., 1 5/8" at widest
SAM_3613.jpg

Bowtie B, made from new tie silk, same measurements as A
SAM_3610.jpg

Bowtie C, wool, same measurements as above. Makes a thicker bow because of the fabric.
SAM_3614.jpg

Bowtie D, wool, pattern altered to a diamond point batwing but same measurements.
SAM_3615.jpg

Bowtie E, wool, same neck measurements as above but 1 7/8" wide
SAM_3616.jpg

Last edited:

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Bows A and B are sold.

AntonAAK, there's no more space in your inbox.

Baron, the construction of the neckties is as directed by the original pattern (which also tallies with some of the contemporary ties I've taken apart to mend). Interfacing is bias, one long edge is loosely basted to the interfacing, the tie is slipstitched by hand and tacked at each end.

sounds like resilient construction. Good stuff; it's the best way to make a durable necktie.

Baron, the construction of the neckties is as directed by the original pattern (which also tallies with some of the contemporary ties I've taken apart to mend). Interfacing is bias, one long edge is loosely basted to the interfacing, the tie is slipstitched by hand and tacked at each end.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Skyvue, but I've used up all that fabric and am unlikely to find any more, sadly. I really like the pattern.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
They have since been sold, but I have more of the fabric and could do up a couple. It would have to wait a few weeks, though, I'm in the process of moving house.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
That wouldn't be a problem. Good luck with the move!

Would the price still be the same as before, and could you make one in the same cut as bow tie A/C? I'll ask my friend what he thinks, and if he wants them. Thanks

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Whenever you have the time, I'd be interested in two of bow tie C. Again, no such because of all the other things you have going on. Thanks!

Jerico

New in Town
Hi there, I would live a bow tie like your D version. Would you be able to make a couple for me? It doesn't have to be the exact material but anything similar would be fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails